Can't hear dialog on 5.1 FLAC encoded shows

pclausen

pclausen

I have a LG OLED55CX TV I run the Emby client on.  Everything plays back fine, but I have some shows that have FLAC 5.1 audio, and for those, I only hear the left and right front channels during playback.  This means I can't hear dialog at all from the center channel.

Those same shows plays back fine on a computer with 2.1 sound, and of course on my other playback devices that have full 7.1 or 5.1 speaker setups.

Is there a trick to force my Emby server to transcode the FLAC 5.1 soundtrack to mix the center channel into the front left and right channels so that I can watch these shows on my LG TV?

SamES

Do you have this issue with all 5.1 FLAC, or just some files?

Can you provide the full media info for a file with issues?

pclausen

I noticed the issue with a couple of random episodes that I tried.  I'll do some additional testing, including a movie or two as I do have a few still (I think) that have FLAC audio.

In the meantime, I have attached the full media info for one of the files with the issue.

mediainfo.jpg

rbjtech
1 hour ago, pclausen said:

Is there a trick to force my Emby server to transcode the FLAC 5.1 soundtrack to mix the center channel into the front left and right channels so that I can watch these shows on my LG TV?

I'm not 100% sure on the LG Client (haven't used it in a while) - but there may be a 'Playback Correction' option when you play the item - this forces a transcode and could work for you.

SamES

Unfortunately there doesn't appear too much in the log.  Can you please enable debug logging and create another short log?

Can you please also copy the file to a USB drive and plug this into the TV directly and try the TV's internal player to confirm that it plays?

It is possible that only some FLAC 5.1 files are supported correctly by the TV.