emby App for Hisense TVs?

Florian2000

Florian2000

maybe I'm rephrasing my question: is there any good tv out there where emby is running stable and looks similar to the web app?
of course I would like to see it on HiSense e.g. Hisense 43AE7200F <-- but if it is not coming let's say till the end of this year. I may buy another TV. And I want to buy the TV within the next week. So it would be nice to have some hints for the decision process.
Thx!
Br, Florian

Hi, wouldn't it be easier and better to just purchase a device to put in from of the TV?

A standalone box is going to be faster and likely have more functionality than the OS built into the TV.

Florian2000
8 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, wouldn't it be easier and better to just purchase a device to put in from of the TV?

yes, it would be easier. But thing is...my parents are pretty old...every change is kind of a hell. The more devices the more likely they are overstrained.

So the goal is to have emby on the TV (would be the easiest way) or either somehow on the VU+ box. If all else failes (worst case secenario) I plug-in a fire-TV and here we go...but I know the more remote controls they have...it will be hard work till they are able to use it correctly...

FireTV has an awful IMHO homepage that can make running apps hard.

Instead I'd check out the MiBox-S. For a low cost ($60) device it packs a lot of power and should be easier to use then a smart TV.

Edited by cayars

Florian2000
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

MixBox-S

do you mean the "Xiaomi Mi TV Box S"? I guess there it is also possible to install the emby app, correct? Ok, so another solution for the FireTV... <-- btw: I  personally think the UserInterface of the FireTV is not that bad...but of course in this ecosystem you don't have the power of a native playstore which is a downside. But for me it is sufficient because I can run Netflix / Prime Video / emby / Disney+ <-- that's all I need for now.

Besides the third party boxes. Do you have recommendations for SmartTVs, too?

Yes, sorry about the typo on that.  You can run any Android TV app on the MiBox-S as well.
It's kind of like an Shield TV "Light" in that it does almost everything the Shield TV will do except for the advanced audio passthrough.

I have both the FireStick 4K and MiBox-S (as well as other clients) and prefer the MiBox-S as it has a cleaner front end as well as Google Play store vs Amazon store.
But either device will work.

Short of spending huge money on a Smart TV using either of these boxes in front of a TV is almost always going to run faster as well as have more functionality. A lot cheaper than buying a new TV as well. :)

Florian2000
4 minutes ago, cayars said:

Short of spending huge money on a Smart TV using either of these boxes in front of a TV is almost always going to run faster as well as have more functionality. A lot cheaper than buying a new TV as well.

yes, but the TV is pretty old and has no Full HD...so I want to buy a 4k SmartTV anyway...of course if I do that...I would like to see emby on the new TV 🙂

Edited by Florian2000

1 minute ago, Florian2000 said:

yes, but the TV is pretty old and has no Full HD...so I want to buy a 4k SmartTV anyway...of course if I do that...I would like to see emby on the new TV 🙂

I understand but my advice would be to find the TV with the best picture quality and value completely ignoring any of its "Smart" features.  Then just add $60 to the cost for the external box if necessary :).

• Agree 1

Florian2000
1 minute ago, ebr said:

I understand but my advice would be to find the TV with the best picture quality and value completely ignoring any of its "Smart" features.  Then just add $60 to the cost for the external box if necessary

this is what I have done with my TV which is at least FullHD...I added FireTV and this works just fine. I know the problematic of every TV...the get in the years...no updates or if there are updates the speed often really sucks because of the new software. In those cases an external box is always a wise decision because the screen does work for years.

• Like 2