Multi DVD Sets now showing up in Library

Tazzo

I have ripped some DVD for the kids and trying to add them to my library but I noticed they don't all show up.

Sesame Street - Old School - Vol 3 DVD 1

Sesame Street - Old School - Vol 3 DVD 2

But only DVD 1 shows up, but if I rename DVD2 to something completely different and rescan it works fine. I even go into folder view and still nothing. You would think folder view in the directory would show everything regardless if it thinks its a collection. Is this a known bug? I have tried searching and can't find anything this year on it. 

Hello Tazzo,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi.  When you open the first one, does the second one show up as either an "Additional Part" or another version?

The filename is listed?

Can you please go over exactly how the media is organized and named, how you setup the library and what you are seeing in the interface (screenshots)?

Thanks.

Ya, under Media Info is has the filename, MP4, size, and then video and audio details. This is one the screen when you click on the name and as play, played, fav, delete, more.

The Library setup is called TV Shows, I set it up as "home movies" cause "movies" preset kept tagging things wrong as most of my stuff is custom rips.

Metadata readers: Nfo, Min auto collection size 2, video image fetchers, screengrabber, generate video preview never. No advanced settings where used or changed. 

2nd screenshot I have emby in folder view and the actual folder side by side. 

emby1.png

emby2 002.png

Edited by Tazzo

Hi, have you tried putting DVD 1 and DVD 2 into their own folders like you did with Vol 1 & Vol 2?

The other folders are broken into smaller bits called Old.School-v01e01, e02, e03, ect, and they work fine. Maybe there is a something about the file structure that is getting ignored by emby?

Edited by Tazzo

That would be my guess which is why I suggested putting each video into it's own folder.

Ya moving it into a folder worked, seems like a really bad way to have to do it. It should scan all the files regardless if they are in the same folder or not. 

I have a ton of video I shoot with parts 1,2,3,4, etc, if I have to put them all in separate folders it would make it very cluttered. Should this be in a bug report?

Hi.  We have specific naming conventions to indicate multi part and multi version items.  I think your naming was falling into one of those conventions so you weren't seeing these things where you expected to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, Tazzo said:

Gotcha, so maybe CD1 and 2 would work. Also maybe these rules need to be excluded in the home movies preset. 

When we've tried to do that in the past, users have complained about inconsistency across the different video types.

I think it should be the same for all but potentially with the ability to control it via library options.

@Happy2Play can you try these file names in a home videos library? 

Vol 3 Dvd 2 should have shown up as an additional part of Vol 3 Dvd 1, so I think there is some slight concern there. Maybe it is an additional part under Vol 1 or Vol 2.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play can you try these file names in a home videos library

Vol 3 Dvd 2 should have shown up as an additional part of Vol 3 Dvd 1, so I think there is some slight concern there. Maybe it is an additional part under Vol 1 or Vol 2.

Same results in stable and beta, grouped as additional part.  

image.png.aac8f9d50d0f58994faa218c946bc2fd.png

But yes the additional folders does break this grouping (does not link in other items), item is lost.  I would suggest @Tazzoplace these two items in a vol 3 folder. 

@Lukeisn't that a rule in itself for these items to be additional parts they have to be in their own folder?

Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below)

But not sure why the item disappears completely though.

Edited by Happy2Play

5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Same results in stable and beta, grouped as additional part.  

image.png.aac8f9d50d0f58994faa218c946bc2fd.png

But yes the additional folders does break this grouping (does not link in other items), item is lost.  I would suggest @Tazzoplace these two items in a vol 3 folder. 

@Lukeisn't that a rule in itself for these items to be additional parts they have to be in their own folder?

Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below)

But not sure why the item disappears completely though.

What item was lost for you?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

What item was lost for you?

The additional part "Sesame Street - Old School - Vol 3 DVD 2".  If in own folder it appears as additional part ie only those two items in said folder.

So if you have multiple parts each set has to be in its own parent folder or parts are lost/not displayed. 

Or a different naming scheme is required so File Stacking does not apply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 8:36 PM, Happy2Play said:

The additional part "Sesame Street - Old School - Vol 3 DVD 2".  If in own folder it appears as additional part ie only those two items in said folder.

So if you have multiple parts each set has to be in its own parent folder or parts are lost/not displayed. 

Or a different naming scheme is required so File Stacking does not apply.

@Happy2Play it doesn't actually disappear but becomes an additional part of the wrong title, is that correct?

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play it doesn't actually disappear but becomes an additional part of the wrong title, is that correct?

No, unless it links to some title somewhere else as it is not linked to any of the titles in that folder.

Vol 1 and Vol 4 shows additional parts do to folder but only Vol 3 DVD 1 appears with no additional part.  Vol 3 DVD 2 is not visible anywhere.

emby2 002.png

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@Lukeit isn't even written to the database.

image.thumb.png.640989935206c736bfcd14be6d4d7721.png

image.png.e16d46e9626dd1586d09e9aa562b9c37.png

Put them in their own folder and it appears as a additional part.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 3:20 PM, Happy2Play said:

@Lukeit isn't even written to the database.

image.thumb.png.640989935206c736bfcd14be6d4d7721.png

image.png.e16d46e9626dd1586d09e9aa562b9c37.png

Put them in their own folder and it appears as a additional part.

Got it, will put it on the list. Thanks for the info.