Emby not displayed when upgraded to DSM7

shouyiming
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

shouyiming

I just upgraded from DSM 6 to DSM 7.

After I installed the new Emby version, to fit DSM 7, I found it not possible to view folders when adding library.

I tried to check the account authorizations at User of Control Panel at DSM, failed to find Emby. My former Emby account was renamed as "Emby_...". Meanwhile, the account name "Emby" is reserved, not displayed, not to be created...

So... how could i do to correctly display the new "Emby" account created in control panel to authorize it to certain folders... which to be added to library of Emby?

Hi, you need to do a one time migration of Emby Server when going from DSM 6 to DSM 7.

Follow the directions here:

shouyiming
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Hi, you need to do a one time migration of Emby Server when going from DSM 6 to DSM 7.

Follow the directions here:

Thanks Cayars,

i'm already in this situation... cannot turning back... how can i turn the emby account displayed and edit its permission to folder?

Follow the installation directions starting with installing the DSM 7 version of Emby.

shouyiming
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Follow the installation directions starting with installing the DSM 7 version of Emby.

i've downloaded, installed Emby for DSM7 as fresh.

it created user account as "Emby" but i cannot see it in control panel... what should i do?

• Solution
FrostByte

The new Emby account is a system internal user, you won't see it unless you use the down arrow.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2c53070e5827362db94ad927d58930be.jpg

Follow the instructions in the thread linked to as this will show you what needs to be done permission wise.

There is also a movie you can download which will show everything except the 2 commands you copy/paste into SSH to run.

• Like 1

shouyiming
8 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

The new Emby account is a system internal user, you won't see it unless you use the down arrow.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2c53070e5827362db94ad927d58930be.jpg

cool!

Thanks FrostByte!

it works now

• Like 1