DSM 6.2.4-25556 + Emby 4.6.4.0-0001 = No Run !?

Dodgy Bob
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dodgy Bob

Hi all,

Looks like my Emby stopped itself this morning around 3 AM - I think - and no matter how many times I restart my NAS or hit the RUN button on Emby in Package Center, it just will not run / start / turn on!

Any ideas?

We last watched something on Emby on Saturday night and it had been working perfectly fine for ages prior to that also. So I have no idea what has gone on. DSM hasn't done anything that I'm aware of, nor have I installed anything - at all - that might have played havoc with Emby.

Is there anything in the logs I need to strip before uploading?

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

Hi, upload the last (by date) server log file. If there is a "crashed" log file upload the latest one of those files as well.

9 minutes ago, mrdragonvn said:

Me too! Help me pls!

Emby1.PNG

Synology.PNG

Hi there, can you please describe the issue that you're having? thanks.

Dodgy Bob

Hi @cayars and @Luke

Sorry for the tardiness  😔  It's been a busy week at work and I've been a bit under the weather too, so I haven't come back to this like I should have.

Anyhow, I'm here now, here are my logs out of /volume1/emby/logs  <--- is that right or are there other logs I should be grabbing ??

These are the 2 most recent logs. I only have 5 logs altogether in there.

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

embyserver.txt embyserver-63765878400.txt

5 minutes ago, Dodgy Bob said:

Hi @cayars and @Luke

Sorry for the tardiness  😔  It's been a busy week at work and I've been a bit under the weather too, so I haven't come back to this like I should have.

Anyhow, I'm here now, here are my logs out of /volume1/emby/logs  <--- is that right or are there other logs I should be grabbing ??

These are the 2 most recent logs. I only have 5 logs altogether in there.

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

embyserver.txt 27.14 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63765878400.txt 709.56 kB · 0 downloads

Why exactly do you think emby server isn't running?

Dodgy Bob

Ummmmm, well, when I start the client on my Shield TV Pro it asks for a server to connect to.

So then when I go and check the server (i.e. in DSM > Package Center), it shows this!

image.png.958ac4eee58cf2d1210587e3c755e1fe.png

Just now, Dodgy Bob said:

Ummmmm, well, when I start the client on my Shield TV Pro it asks for a server to connect to.

So then when I go and check the server (i.e. in DSM > Package Center), it shows this!

image.png.958ac4eee58cf2d1210587e3c755e1fe.png

Are you able to use the web interface on the server?

Dodgy Bob

When I click Run, it does this, but then returns to the same as in the previous image, that is telling me it's stopped and showing me to click "Run":

image.png.91c05d390e5430ec9585598eb818ffb9.png

Sorry, web interface on the server ???

I tried looking for something like that from within DSM, but I couldn't find anything.

If you just mean going to the server address in a browser, yeah, I can do that, but it just gives me a "...site can't be reached" error:

image.png.86ff5630261e44bcf962a012034135cd.png

First thing I would try is rebooting the NAS, then going to /volume1/emby/plugins and delete all of the .dll files. That will remove all of the plugins that you've manually installed. Then start the server after that. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Dodgy Bob

Hmmm, no good I'm afraid @Luke  😔

So I rebooted the NAS, deleted all the DLL's (backed them up first!), then tried starting Emby and. . . . nothing! Just same as above, with the loading GIF ending back at the Emby Server 'Stopped' screen.

Thought it might make a difference if the NAS was rebooted after the DLL's had been deleted, so I did reboot the NAS again and try starting Emby Server again, but no, still nothing and just same as before.

Dodgy Bob

Is this the only directory for logs ??

>>  /volume1/emby/logs  <<

Because if it is, then the only logs I have in there are the ones I spoke of in a previous post above; 5 in total, the most recent 2 attached above and here again.

None of the logs have in their name "crash" or "crashed" or any other variant!

Further, no data has written to the logs since Monday as you can see here:

image.png.9a81c96a3de3a32ca2d495b00667e03f.png

embyserver.txt embyserver-63765878400.txt

Edited by Dodgy Bob
Changed WinSCP screencap to show sorted by date.

Dodgy Bob

Well, there you go - that did it!

It would appear it's back up and running now:

image.png.81b8087d8dd7094e0de9f04c6925b841.png

I can access the Web Interface as well.

Perhaps I should have just done that from the beginning  🤨  I suppose, best to work through it in case there was an actual issue. I still have no idea what caused it - it was working fine, then it wasn't it. Bizarre.

Oh well, thanks for your help @Luke and persisting with trying to see what the issue might have been.

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

Happy2Play

OT: You will need to check your server log again as previous log show Real Time Monitoring is broken.

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

You need to apply the patch.

Real time monitoring seems broken - Page 9 - Emby Server - Emby Community

Dodgy Bob
45 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

OT: You will need to check your server log again as previous log show Real Time Monitoring is broken.

You need to apply the patch.

Real time monitoring seems broken - Page 9 - Emby Server - Emby Community

Cool, thanks @Happy2Play

So been there, done that and rebooted the NAS.

I don't need to do anything else now or check on anything do I?

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Dodgy Bob said:

Cool, thanks @Happy2Play

So been there, done that and rebooted the NAS.

I don't need to do anything else now or check on anything do I?

As long as the log is clear of the inotify errors, no.