Ticker would be cool

rcharbo

rcharbo

Hello Long time emby user first time suggester. I use emby as a family server to share home videos and pictures. I would be interested in seeing a ticker on the bottom of the home page where the admin could set up things to scroll. We can have family announcements such as weddings, birthdays, annv and such. Really anything the admin may need to announce, downtime new users etc.  Having one for each page would be nice also but you can add to the home page and work out the bugs before we go that big.

Having the user option to turn it off if they desire.

Yeah that would be cool

Thanks for listening

Edited by rcharbo

rcharbo

ebr Legendary you truly are. Your response was faster than it took to draft the suggestion. I did not see this when I did my search so thanks. Unfortunately I have never been able to use CSS and its 100% on me. For whatever reason I have yet to figure it out and will need to review again as there is multiple things Ive wanted to do.

I will have to revisit and hopefully find CSS for the really Dumb Dummies and can figure it out

Thanks

Hi.  I don't think you can accomplish this with CSS.  We would have to build something into the system.  I just wanted to link to the similar conversation.  Thanks.

rcharbo

good to know. I saw the bottom of page one discuss CSS so I thought thats what your goal was sending me the link

Build away