Very Slow Stream Start Times

herki
Go to solution Solved by herki,

Since the amazon client app updated to 2.0.38a users have been reporting extremely slow start times. Doesn't happen to everyone but happens to enough to be cause for concern.

Issue started around 3 days ago which I think was around app update time.

I had one user install embycon via Kodi - all streams work there while his Emby Fire TV app doesn't work - or very very slow start to stream.

Another user - same server. Fire TV app - takes too long to load. Her other client app Roku on same server no problem.

Ty.

Edit - what is also strange - is that this is isolated to one of my server boxes. I run a seperate server - exact clone with no issues. I usually don't feel comfortable posting embyserver logs so I'll just leave here to see if anyone else is seeing similar. If not I'll go through them and post. Ty.

Server is latest via Docker on Ubuntu

Edited by herki

Hi.  This could be any number of things like possibly subtitles being extracted but we need to look at a specific example to diagnose.

Thanks.

19 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This could be any number of things like possibly subtitles being extracted but we need to look at a specific example to diagnose.

Thanks.

Just sent client log. User = herki at 6:53pm EST. Trying to play vacation friends. Ty.

4 hours ago, herki said:

Just sent client log. User = herki at 6:53pm EST. Trying to play vacation friends. Ty.

Can you please also attach the corresponding emby server log? thanks.

• Solution

This issue has been solved. For whatever reason it has to do with proxying through Cloudflare. With Cloudflare proxy removed - everything works again. Ty.

• Like 1