High CPU rate when Direct Playing

MateyTate

MateyTate

I know I piggy backed a previous thread, but I'm having real issues at the moment so wanted to start a dedicated thread. Whenever I watch anything it seems (and I'm talking Direct Playing, no transcoding), my CPU load shoots up to 25%, and literally will not drop even if I close all the clients. It then becomes pretty unusable, taking a long time to load the menus, or start playing anything. I then reboot the server and its back to 1-2% load when Direct Playing until I watch a few things then it gets stuck at 25% again. 

Is there anyway to tell from the logs what is causing this CPU load (and it is always it seems 25%), as I cannot see anything in Emby to show why its stuck at 25% as its just idle?

Capture.JPG

hardware_detection-63765531932.txt embyserver.txt

Nothing in particular showing in your logs but they are hard to read as you still have debug logging turned on.

Turn that off in the logs menu.

What NAS is this?  How much memory do you have have in the box?

Your LG TV is querying your server repeatedly with Dlna content requests and this is likely the reason for the issue. My LG does the same thing even when I'm not even using their Dlna app.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, MateyTate said:

Anything I can do? Can you turn it off?

You can test disabling it, Dashboard-DLNA.

• Like 2

If you don't need DLNA on your network you can turn this off.
Check out the options on the DLNA menu.

• Like 1