password reset... admin

rawToe

maybe i'm just blind, but where is the page to reset my emby admin password?  I know where to get the text file it creates, i think.

Edited by rawToe
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, rawToe said:

maybe i'm just blind, but where is the page to reset my emby admin password?  I know where to get the text file it creates lol.

Did you follow the txt?  If so login with admin go to Dashboard-Users, select the admin then Password tab.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, rawToe said:

haven't gotten that far yet, i need to create the txt file.

thanks

HI, you don't create any txt file, you open the one that it already has created for you.

thought i knew how this worked, did it a few years ago, but I guess not.  Don't remember admin password but if i pull emby up in browser i'm logged in as admin. Where do I go from there?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, rawToe said:

thought i knew how this worked, did it a few years ago, but I guess not.  Don't remember admin password but if i pull emby up in browser i'm logged in as admin. Where do I go from there?

Have you went to Dashboard-Users, select the user, Passwords tab?

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, rawToe said:

yeah I did, i have a change password form, but I don't know my old password, which is the problem.

Have you tried just applying a new password?

Happy2Play

If that does not work you need to log out click forgot password, then follow the txt instructions then reapply a password.

otherwise you would have to modify the user database.

that was the missing part.  I was looking for a password reset option while logged in.  All good now. thanks for the help!!!

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, rawToe said:

that was the missing part.  I was looking for a password reset option while logged in.  All good now. thanks for the help!!!

Yes it was removed from Admin awhile ago so Remove password is only visible on user accounts now so admins can reset them.

Edited by Happy2Play