Emby for Samsung Smart TV

shavid0610

shavid0610

Hi

I am looking to upgrade my current Kogan TV and had my decision made to go with Samsung.  However, we use Emby quite heavily currently and on finding out the Samsung does not have the Emby App available in Australia I looked to Sony who has Google TV and therefore I can get Emby easily.

Before I make my final decision though is the app likely to be available any time soon on Samsung?

And if I go with Samsung and install Emby via USB does it need to be updated or reinstalled every 30 days still?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

GrimReaper

Or go with your preferred TV of choice - Samsung, and obtain streaming stick (Chromecast with Google TV, FireTV, Roku), so you're not restricted either way? You can always find use for it on some other TV later on. 

• Like 1

shavid0610
20 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Or go with your preferred TV of choice - Samsung, and obtain streaming stick (Chromecast with Google TV, FireTV, Roku), so you're not restricted either way? You can always find use for it on some other TV later on. 

I have a Chromecast already but I like the convenience of using the Emby app built into the tv as I have now with the Kogan Tv

GrimReaper

Fair enough, was just suggesting how you might obtain hassle-free solution. 

Anyway, seems like that still applies, some recent discussion here:

SamES

Yes, in Australia it will still need updating every 30 days using the USB install.