Fast Forward more than 15 seconds?

jglazer63

jglazer63

I just pressed my remote's FF button maybe 1000 times to get to where I left off on a 3 hour movie.  What remote button fast forwards more than 15 seconds?  I would assume there is one.  Like FF a minute?  I have a universal remote, is there a way to program this?  

Happy2Play

Not specifically related to you question but are you saying Emby is not recording your Resume point for this media?  As Emby should pick up where you left off.

• Like 1

FrostByte

You can go to Playback settings to change the value, but I believe 30 seconds is the max you can FF at a time.  On a Samsung remote it's the Right click

The easiest way to get where you want though is to use the chapter skip within the OSD and then FF 30 seconds at a time from there.  Chapter skipping was added in v1.1

A timeline slider type advancement is supposedly in the works

jglazer63
57 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not specifically related to you question but are you saying Emby is not recording your Resume point for this media?  As Emby should pick up where you left off.

I was afraid someone would key into that lol.   It was my fault, I miss-clicked "play from beginning".

• Haha 1

jglazer63
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

You can go to Playback settings to change the value, but I believe 30 seconds is the max you can FF at a time.  On a Samsung remote it's the Right click

The easiest way to get where you want though is to use the chapter skip within the OSD and then FF 30 seconds at a time from there.  Chapter skipping was added in v1.1

A timeline slider type advancement is supposedly in the works

I will look into chapter skip but I don't think there's any chapter markers in the file.  What button on the remote does this?

FrostByte

By default I believe Emby should add 5 minute chapters in the db if no chapters are available in the mkv, etc.

Not sure what it's technically called, but on the Samsung remote the circle that's used for movement (left, right, up, down) if you click the right side og the circle it will FF 30 seconds.  Left is RW

jglazer63
2 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

remote.thumb.jpg.9942e36cefb63b1d06227724278d2d9d.jpg

Thanks for the photo!  I'll look.  I am using a universal remote but I can grab the original remote to see if that does it.  Thanks again!