Cannot use DFS path

dr1rrb

I just installed MediaBrowser, and i'm facing an issue with my DFS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_File_System_%28Microsoft%29)

I can add the folder "\\[MyDomain].internal\Medias\Movies" to my library by entering the path manually. I saw the files before clicking OK, but then the indexation process does not find anything.

As a work around I can add the underlying share (i.e. "\\computerName.[MyDomain].internal\medias.movies$") but it's breaking the ease of control and it's not as optimal as I wish ;)

It's probably not the most common case, but it's probably only a small fix and it would be really great if fixed :)

My server application version is : 3.0.5347.22095

My server OS : Windows Server 2012 R2 Core

Attached log file :

- Start the server with the DFS path and a test folder in C:\Test_MediaBrowser

- Browse in the library to check that I still don't have any movie

- Add the "underlying share" and see that indexation is now in progress (trimmed after few items)

MBLog.txt

AgileHumor

MediaBrowser probably doesn't understand the DFS referral process.  I'd suggest using the DFS share targets (the root share).   

If you want to support non-domain clients...and a possible testing step for most compatibility...can you make it a standalone DFS share vd domain?  

So I tried with a standalone DFS, and it works perfectly. But I think this "referral process" is achieved by the OS / file system, and evidence is that when I enter the UNC path manually, before I click on OK, I can see sub-folders .