Landscape view on Startpage

fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

I use the emby fur Android TV app. I noticed that the category "Live TV" on the Startpage shows the running program in poster view. Is it possible to change the view to landscape. My TV guide scrapper uses landscape pictures and the the poster view looks horrible.

fallenwitch3r

This one is from the Website

IMG_20210823_175813.thumb.jpg.db8df09666b03afcbf8cbc8efba57c2d.jpg

IMG_20210823_175948.thumb.jpg.a13a0eb70a5c7efd26faa0bf0f63fbe4.jpg

This one is from the emby for Android TV app

Both uses the poster format. Now, how to change this to landscape?

fallenwitch3r

I think you didn't understand me. I don't want none of the formats I posted above. The second picture shows the full picture but it is sized to poster format. I don't want this  poster view. It should be in landscape. 

My epg source is an XML from an external grabber.

So it should look like (landscape)

IMG_20210824_062403.jpg.08a5dae41bf5b6f6b7531f0f43f97cca.jpg

And not Like this (poster view)

IMG_20210824_062451.jpg.1bd5f536a2412d1b11e5c4c6a00ea621.jpg

Edited by fallenwitch3r

Hi.  I understand.  I believe the issue is that, with live TV guide data, we don't know the size/shape of the images before display time so the app cannot adjust to differences like this very well.

pünktchen

But the user knows this normally. So an option for the xmltv import is needed: portrait or landscape. When it's portrait import it as primary image, when it's landscape import is as thumb. The apps would then adjust the view dependent on the available image type.

fallenwitch3r

@pünktchen

This is what I mean. In other sections you can change the view to banner, portrait or wide. But this is not available for EPG images. These images are only there, no matter what format the picture source is. 

This is the view from my Startpage. All Pictures are in Portait

1.png.74137f19dbb07895889b5b45d7b936aa.png

And this is the View from the "more Epg" section2.png.0e1951a492796780660bc62427bead3d.png

as you see, the menu to change the view is available but not for the startpage. There is no way to change the view from portrait to landscape. Not even for Movies or series.

Edited by fallenwitch3r

Something like this could get messy quick, especially if using Emby Guide data for local channels and then xml for other m3u channels.
That would give you mixed images on any of the "On Now" screens.

fallenwitch3r

then you have to choose what kind of epg source you want to use. I use only one m3u list and one XML source. Is there no way to get this feature for one of the next release or is it possible that I can built in my own code for this into the necessary files?

fallenwitch3r
14 hours ago, cayars said:

Something like this could get messy quick, especially if using Emby Guide data for local channels and then xml for other m3u channels.

But you can choose what kind of format you want. Banner, Thump, Logo, Poster....

btw. there are differences between the web app and the Android TV app. You cant choose the preview view on the Now on Tab on the Android TV app for example.

8 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

You cant choose the preview view on the Now on Tab

Hi.  Exactly what view is that and where?

pünktchen
On 8/24/2021 at 5:10 PM, cayars said:

Not if the xmltv image option would silently also change what the internal Emby guide data receives. Gracenote provides both image formats.

• Like 1

fallenwitch3r
On 8/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, fallenwitch3r said:

Look here.. I posted this earlier.

This view option is not available for any item of the Startpage.

@pünktchen

What do you think. Is it possible?

pünktchen
3 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Look here.. I posted this earlier.

This view option is not available for any item of the Startpage.

@pünktchen

What do you think. Is it possible?

Why do you ask me? I'm pretty sure it's possible, but will we ever get there? I don't know this. There are already similar feature requests for more control over the home screen sections since a very long time.

3 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

This view option is not available for any item of the Startpage

Hi. Those options are not available there because the home page is a completely different type of layout with many different rows of different types of items on it.  So there cannot be one single view choice for it. 

You are comparing a single grid of like items to the home page which has multiple rows of different types of items.

The most reasonable suggestion I've seen for handling your specific issue would be the suggestion to set a default image shape on the live TV guide provider when you set it up.

• 2 years later...
On 8/24/2021 at 5:10 PM, Carlo said:

Messy? Please….. is this not messy? Please, fix it 🫣

IMG_0130.png

On 8/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, ebr said:

Hi. Those options are not available there because the home page is a completely different type of layout with many different rows of different types of items on it.  So there cannot be one single view choice for it. 

You are comparing a single grid of like items to the home page which has multiple rows of different types of items.

The most reasonable suggestion I've seen for handling your specific issue would be the suggestion to set a default image shape on the live TV guide provider when you set it up.

Home page is completely different? You talk abo the live tv home or the real home? Don’t Mather, because it is wrong! On the real home page I can manipulate ALL libraries to show up as I like/want. Multiple rows, one landscape, one poster, one logo, ALL IS WORKING. 

So, tell me what’s the problem. The one you gave aint true.

”The most reasonable suggestion I've seen for handling your specific issue would be the suggestion to set a default image shape on the live TV guide provider when you set it up.”

so, when I use landscape images for all channels it will show programs with their landscape images? 😳

Edited by Maarten

41 minutes ago, Maarten said:

Home page is completely different? You talk abo the live tv home or the real home? Don’t Mather, because it is wrong! On the real home page I can manipulate ALL libraries to show up as I like/want. Multiple rows, one landscape, one poster, one logo, ALL IS WORKING. 

So, tell me what’s the problem. The one you gave aint true.

”The most reasonable suggestion I've seen for handling your specific issue would be the suggestion to set a default image shape on the live TV guide provider when you set it up.”

so, when I use landscape images for all channels it will show programs with their landscape images? 😳

Tested, and did not work 😤