Setting up two servers (Mac and Nvidia Shield)

nickysilver

nickysilver

Long time Plex user exploring Emby. I've managed to set up a server on on mac (I have about 10 movies on my laptop). I downloaded embed on the shield. I logged in and I can see it. Now, I want to add a second server to my account, NVIDIA SHIELD. (I have about 3000 movies on a hard drive that is plugged into my shield.) I can't for the life of me figure out how to add the second server!   

On Plex I can edit shield meta data on my laptop. I assume I can do the same thing with Emby.

GrimReaper

Download .apk from:

https://emby.media/server-android.html

Install on your Shield.

Edit: Actually disregard that about ports, as they are on separate devices. Only if you need remote access on both, you will need to change ports for proper port forwarding setup. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

nickysilver

Thanks... then Both servers will appear under my one user account??

(I probably seem extremely stupid!)

Edited by nickysilver
new thought

1 hour ago, nickysilver said:

then Both servers will appear under my one user account??

Hi.  We don't work like the other guys.  You don't have a central account with us that knows about all your servers (unless you specifically set that up using Emby Connect). 

You just install the new server and then connect directly to it.

nickysilver

I don't loaded the server from the link above and installed it.... But I got an error message when I tried to open it on the shield.

This is a continuation of our PMs but in general you can have multiple Emby Servers setup.

This does not combine data from them into a central account.  Each server is it's own Server.  You need to configure each server with users and library content.  One server knows nothing about any other server.

When you connect to any server (directly or via Emby Connect) you will only see content from the libraries setup on that server.

If you have Emby Premiere you can use the same key on both servers.

Most people would have no reason to run multiple servers unless they wanted one as a backup.  Possibly another use would be to setup one for local LAN use with high bitrate files and 4K content that isn't shared remotely and then another server that is shared remotely with lower bitrate files that will direct stream easier.