DSM 6 - server upgrade 4.6.2.0 -> 4.6.4.0

westhill
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

westhill

Sticking with DSM 6 for the time being. I have a question regarding upgrading from 4.6.2 to 4.6.4 on the Synology 920+, does it preserve all my settings and effectively do an in-place upgrade?

The manual install instructions mention the install process but not the upgrade steps. Do I merely shutdown Emby, do a manual install of the new emby version for my NAS from here (https://emby.media/synology-server.html), start up the server again and it preserves all my old settings and config?

Thanks!

• Solution
FrostByte

The install will perform an upgrade over your current install if you have one.  Shutdown Emby from the Emby server Dashboard, download the appropriate spk file, then do a manual install from DSM Package Center

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, westhill said:

Great, thank you for confirming

Did you give this a go yet?

• Thanks 1

westhill
7 hours ago, cayars said:

Did you give this a go yet?

Just updated and so far so good. One thing that was noted in 4.6.3.0 release notes was that Synology was reporting Emby as not started when in fact it was and it looks like by applying 4.6.4.0 that has been solved. Thanks for the follow-up and the awesome support the team at Emby and the community in general here provides, it is top notch.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Luke - been a while since my last visit, but things were running along so smoothly with 4.5.2 that I never had any cause to check the forum. Anyhow, just a simple note to say that i just upgraded to 4.6.4.0 just no with ZERO issues. I'll hold off on DSM7 for a bit...sort of waiting to see if you can get Synology to finally approve getting the package added to their application library. How is that coming along?

Jeff

Edited by JSopha

10 minutes ago, JSopha said:

Hello @Luke - been a while since my last visit, but things were running along so smoothly with 4.5.2 that I never had any cause to check the forum. Anyhow, just a simple note to say that i just upgraded to 4.6.4.0 just no with ZERO issues. I'll hold off on DSM7 for a bit...sort of waiting to see if you can get Synology to finally approve getting the package added to their application library. How is that coming along?

Jeff

We are going through what seems to be an endless cycle of them rejecting the package over seemingly small details, then we make the correction and resubmit. So we are still working on it. Thanks for the feedback.

• Sad 1

westhill
3 hours ago, Luke said:

We are going through what seems to be an endless cycle of them rejecting the package over seemingly small details, then we make the correction and resubmit. So we are still working on it. Thanks for the feedback.

If you do get Emby on their docket does that mean for every release they will grind you for every small detail, hampering the release cycles?

The first release with any store is always the hardest. How difficult they will be on subsequent releases we won't know until we try.

• Thanks 1