film disappearance

Fragglerock

Fragglerock

Hello,

I have noticed for some time that some films disappear from Emby.

The files linked to the films are still present but the films no longer:

- *. nfo

- *- poster.jpg

- *- fanart.jpg

- *- logo.png

small precision: the films disappeared long before the transition to DSM 7 and therefore before the Emby version for DSM 7.

An idea?

Synology DS918 + DSM 7.0-41890

Emby 4.6.4.0

Fragglerock

I rip the movie "Le grand bain" last year and so I'm sure I had this movie on the NAS.

When we wanted to see it again, I realized that he was no longer there.

I went to Synology File Explorer, search for it and I saw that the movie was missing, the other files were still there :

- Le grand bain (2018) 1080p.nfo

-Le grand bain (2018) 1080p-poster.jpg

-Le grand bain (2018) 1080p-fanart.jpg

-Le grand bain (2018) 1080p-logo.png

Hi, obviously Emby can't play what doesn't exist.

What I would do is set up auditing for file access in Synology NAS so you can check next time a file seems to be missing.

This is one way besides turning on logging in Synology.

https://www.manageengine.com/products/active-directory-audit/how-to/how-to-see-who-deleted-files-in-synology-nas.html

I would also turn on the recycle bin on the pool/share until you figure out who/what is deleting these files.

FrostByte

What you have looks like someone with delete permissions deleted the film.  When you delete films within Emby it leaves the folder, images, etc just like what you described. 

Check your users to make sure they can't delete if you don't want them to.  I've removed delete from everyone myself.  I prefer to delete films from outside of Emby using file station.

Fragglerock

Thank you very much for your help.

I hadn't thought of looking at the logs. I couldn't find any information on who or what deleted the movies. Perhaps this is due to updating to DSM7 which may have deleted some logs.

I'm monitoring all of this and will come back to let you know if it happens again.

• Like 2

Could be anything pre DSM 7 is gone.

But this should be a good strategy moving forward to help figure out what is deleting them.