Skip Forward Doesn't Work on Roku?

johnson.4204

johnson.4204

Hi, 

I have the skip forward option checked in my playback settings. The "skip to next episode" dialogue box appears in the web browser and on my iPad, but not the Roku player. Is there any way to fix this or is this a Roku thing?

19 hours ago, johnson.4204 said:

I have the skip forward option checked in my playback settings.

Hi.  Exactly what option is that?

johnson.4204

Hi. Go to "playback" and under "Advanced" there are options to play the next episode automatically. Beneath that is the "skip forward length" and "skip back length" which, from what I have read, controls when that dialogue box pops up at the end credits to play the next episode instead of watching all the credits. It works on 2/3 of my devices, but not the Roku.

Hi.  No, those options control how far you seek when you hit the skip forward (ff) and skip back (rew) buttons.  Also, those options are device/app specific and don't exist in the Roku app because the skipping is all handled by the Roku player.

The Roku supports the auto queue option (there is an option for that in the app settings) but does not currently have a panel that pops up near the end of the current item.

johnson.4204

Ah well that makes sense then.

Where can I check the auto queue option then? It is functioning on two of my other devices but not on the Roku.

johnson.4204

Hi, 

Under the playback settings I see the "play next episode" automatically setting, which is selected to "yes", but I do not see an "auto queue option" anywhere. I looked under advanced settings as well. As of right now it will play the next episode, but it has to play through all of the credits first. 

Hi.  That is the proper option.

2 minutes ago, johnson.4204 said:

As of right now it will play the next episode, but it has to play through all of the credits first.

Okay, then it is working.  As I mentioned, this app does not have the preview panel yet.  You can skip ahead at any time with the >| button on the OSD.

johnson.4204

Ahhh I am sorry I missed that last sentence of your previous response. Sorry! Ok thank you for your time and answers.