Live TV ATSC3 HEVC has no audio

jrwalte

jrwalte

Today ATSC3 went live in ATL. I'm using a HDhomerun connect 4k. The ATSC3 channels work fine in the HDhomerun app but with Emby, I don't get any audio. Video works but the Emby app is becoming unresponsive or crashing when I pull up the GUI (to display stats). I've tried with having play direct checked and unchecked. I submitted log under user 'Justin'.

Hi, The current beta server for windows has just added experimental AC-4 audio support.
So in order to test this you would need to be on the beta branch vs the release branch.

What server version are you currently running?

jrwalte

Ok I saw how to get the beta download. going to try it.

OK nevermind. I see the release notes but not an option to select it for download

Edited by jrwalte

jrwalte

Unfortunately this did not help. Now most the time video won't even play. Sometimes I can get it to play, but still no audio. The stats are correctly identifying HEVC and AC-4 now though.

I submitted another log under Justin for the app and attached server and some of the ffmpeg.

embyserver (1).txt ffmpeg-logs.zip

Hi.  You should report this in the server beta area as the device is not going to understand AC4 so it will need to be transcoded on the server - and that process is in its infancy right now.  Thanks.