TrueNAS Scale

charlied573

charlied573

A few searches haven't turned up anything, so I figured it's best to just ask - has there been any work on a version of Emby for Truenas Scale?  

Thanks!

Actually what Distro is it based on? You could try installing one of our existing Linux packages, whichever one is most closely related. Depending on what it's built on it may just work.

charlied573

Playing around in the Application area, I finally noticed the giant blue button in the upper right:
example.thumb.png.e663c14a53dd8d343e844c7aefdf0c3b.png

The Docker installed just like an application, so I ran with that first.  If it works easily, then that'll be that; if it causes problems, I'll tackle a different install with the Debian package instead.  Just waiting for the data replication to finish right now.

Edited by charlied573

makarai

thats the debian based truenas OS, right. I have been quite away from my computers/internets for a while (new father over here)

22 hours ago, makarai said:

thats the debian based truenas OS, right. I have been quite away from my computers/internets for a while (new father over here)

Yes it is.

• 4 weeks later...
charlied573

Just as a follow up - the docker worked mostly fine, but I had issues with GPU passthrough.  The 'Truecharts' repository has Emby within, and that worked with a single button press - it also allowed GPU Passthrough to work without a hitch, meaning my NASbox (finally) hardware transcodes anything my users throw at it

This follow up is mostly to help anyone who follows - I know my particular setup isn't exactly common.

Edited by charlied573
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, charlied573 said:

Just as a follow up - the docker worked mostly fine, but I had issues with GPU passthrough.  The 'Truecharts' repository has Emby within, and that worked with a single button press - it also allowed GPU Passthrough to work without a hitch, meaning my NASbox (finally) hardware transcodes anything my users throw at it

This follow up is mostly to help anyone who follows - I know my particular setup isn't exactly common.

Thanks for the feedback !

On 9/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, charlied573 said:

@charlied573 I just installed TrueNAS Scale today, and installed emby using their docker button.  I have it running, can connect to it from a roku box, but can't seem to get the file permissions right.  Editing the emby app, there are 3 different places to set volume access, I'm experimenting with them, but no luck so far.  I have a pool, and samba all setup fine, moved some movies over for testing, but can't figure out how to tell the emby docker how to get to the samba shares.  Still tinkering.  I also saw the gpu passthru setting, but haven't messed with that yet.

I'd appreciate any pointers you can give me to get the emby docker working right :) thanks

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Bingie said:

@charlied573 I just installed TrueNAS Scale today, and installed emby using their docker button.  I have it running, can connect to it from a roku box, but can't seem to get the file permissions right.  Editing the emby app, there are 3 different places to set volume access, I'm experimenting with them, but no luck so far.  I have a pool, and samba all setup fine, moved some movies over for testing, but can't figure out how to tell the emby docker how to get to the samba shares.  Still tinkering.  I also saw the gpu passthru setting, but haven't messed with that yet.

I'd appreciate any pointers you can give me to get the emby docker working right :) thanks

admin@truenas:~$ ps -aux | grep Emby
bin        11032  0.9  0.7 3730800 121064 ?      Sl   13:38   0:05 /system/EmbyServer -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3