Playback error No compatible streams

rekit

Forgive the new thread, but I couldn't find the solution in any other similar threads.

I'm using the current version of the windows store Theater app and getting the error I mentioned in the title when trying to play any files. Several instances of ffmpeg open up, sometimes 6 or more, as if it's trying to transcode and I have to end those tasks in task manager. There's also no way to exit out of the player in Emby Theater as that "playback error" just keeps popping up every few seconds.

Files play fine inside the browser version of Emby and on my iPhone and tv. I'm only having problems in the Theater app.

Hi, have you tried the desktop version of Theater to see how this compares?

57 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, have you tried the desktop version of Theater to see how this compares?

this one? https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

I tried installing while logged into windows as administrator, but windows blocks it with an "application run - security warning" error. I disabled windows defender, ran it as administrator, and even ran it via an administrator command prompt but still get the same warning. "your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer."

Edited by rekit

58 minutes ago, rekit said:

I tried installing while logged into windows as administrator, but windows blocks it with an "application run - security warning" error. I disabled windows defender, ran it as administrator, and even ran it via an administrator command prompt but still get the same warning. "your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer."

That's common on Windows.  There should be a link/button on the message MORE INFO or something like that you can click on.  Then you can override and allow the installation.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, rekit said:

You mean error similar to this?

message.PNG

Unable to Install ClickOnce Application due to Security Settings (Windows 10) - Super User

6 minutes ago, cayars said:

That's common on Windows.  There should be a link/button on the message MORE INFO or something like that you can click on.  Then you can override and allow the installation.

Not necessarily, as there were lot of topics awhile ago one this Windows config.

• Like 1

I'm talking this one:
image.png.18fa185ee0d80d7604e53724e63c4887.pngimage.png.f7bc5c032b15cbfeedbe2f5676d3f619.png

If it's being block by domain policy that of course is different.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

If it's being block by domain policy that of course is different.

But that error I posted has dozens of topics as to me it was a defect in Windows, but I never had this issue.  And the only fix is the regedit.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, cayars said:

I've seen the one you're talking about but this one's different. This is the first time I've seen anything like it. I attached a pic

Capture.JPG

12 minutes ago, cayars said:

Thanks, that got the Desktop version installed. But now same issue as the Theater app, although no error message popping up, only the spinning circle (screenshot attached). Also no ffmpeg in task manager with Desktop. Just multiple ffmpeg's with Theater

Capdfgture.JPG

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, please attach the complete emby server log as this is only a snippet. thanks.

Now out of nowhere, both are working. I restarted the server, but I had also done that after installing the windows store Theater app, so nooo idea what changed in the meantime. Could installing the desktop Theater app have fixed something with the windows store Theater app somehow? 🤔 Super confused.