EmBY Database Added and Removed media Refresh?

Blombard
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Blombard

Good day Everyone.

I need advice please. I added/replaced some media files on my Android-box - external drive. I tested the specific files I added for normal playback in an Andriod-filemanager as well as on my Kodi server on the box - works fine! However, when I try to access/open the file in EmBY, clicking on the thumbnail, it does not play back - nothing happens.

• I have a movie file that I removed which shows up in my "continue watching" folder as a thumbnail  - I am unable to delete it. - How do I refresh and re-link the new files, after removing old unwanted movies from my Emby server? - (is this suppose to refresh the db automatically when the server gets initiated/started on the box?) I tried that, and it does not seem to work.. I Read on one of the forums that the server should be shut-down and that would enable me to delete the file/thumbnail in my "Continue watching" folder - is that true? - I currently am unable while the server is running.
  • How do I re-initiate a fresh scan/cleanup of my movie database? (Please advise)
  • Will the new version update help in resolving this issue? (ver.4.6.4)?

Best Regards,

• How do I re-initiate a fresh scan/cleanup of my movie database? (Please advise)

Hi, simply click Scan All Libraries in Emby library setup.

Blombard

Thanks for the re-initiate library scan/ cleanup suggestion Luke - I believe that may solve my problem - (getting 404 error on file not existing (since it was deleted from the file system)
-Please let me know how I can re=-initiate the library scan - been looking but cant seem to find it. Thank you in advance😀

• Solution
29 minutes ago, Blombard said:

Thanks for the re-initiate library scan/ cleanup suggestion Luke - I believe that may solve my problem - (getting 404 error on file not existing (since it was deleted from the file system)
-Please let me know how I can re=-initiate the library scan - been looking but cant seem to find it. Thank you in advance😀

Hi, just open the emby server web interface, click the settings gear icon in the top right. Then in the left menu click Library. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

Blombard

Good day Luke,

Thank you for pointing me to the Library setting - I did several library updates/refresh actions but found some movie files I deleted still displaying thumbnails, though clicking the link from the thumbnail to activate the movie, takes me nowhere (as expected since the movie has been deleted) and I am not sure how I can remove those from the physical file library that it doesn't show up in the listing.. It would be a nice feature (if not available) to be able to delete the thumbnail with the actual movie -assisting the server admin to do cleanup maintenance?

I also discovered that the EMBY Android client is a Trail version which seem to expire after 30days? Does this apply to the EMBY server as well? Do we have to upgrade to a paid version for the server - and should it expire, do we have to upgrade to the premium version? or will the server stay free? Please advise. (I enjoy and like EMBY server - it is an excellent program) - kindly advise..tx

Blombard

Hi Luke,
Yes I did - it seems to start scanning (see attached as shown) - probably do about 10% and blue scan progress bar just disappear -  (not sure it completed as the blue progress bar never reach 100%)

Let me know if my second question can be answered here or would you like me to log a separate note regarding the server trail-version question I raised? (in short - is Emby server free or do we need to upgrade once the Emby-client trail period runs out - referring to the 30day Android Emby client trail version note on the app)? Tx Luke.

Emby Server-(scan Library files)-2.png

It will finish, you just have to be wait for it.  It may get into the 90s and seem like it stopped but it didn't.

You can verify by looking at the server log.