Unable to fast forward or rewind live tv

701h

When playing live TV, Android client on my Galaxy s21 does not fast forward or rewind. Even if I pause it for a while, it cannot skip forward or back. It's like the buttons just don't work. There is no transcoding, just live streaming from my windows 10 server on local wifi. Playback via the Web browser on the same device functions normally. Play back of other media like movies works properly via the Android app too, the issue seems to only affect live TV.

Edited by 701h

MBSki

Are you able to skip forward on recorded tv? I have issues with recorded tv that are saved as ts files. Might be the same thing with live tv. The Android TV client allows you to disable direct play for ts files, which gets skip forward working again. 

@Luke Is live tv a ts file? Either way we need an option to disable direct play for ts because skipping forward on ts files and live tv doesn't work.

Thanks Luke. I'm unable to confirm if this affects recorded TV, as all my recordings are converted to mp4 files immediately. If you need me to check let me know, but otherwise I'm too lazy. Lol.

Edited by 701h

• 1 year later...
bob174

I'm still seeing that the android client doesn't allow for rewind on live TV.  This thread was posted 18 months ago wherein you said you were working on it.  Is it so difficult to fix?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, sn1kketysnake said:

Any ETA on getting Android app fixed?

Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.