emby server consumes a huge RAM without anybody use it

iBoss
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi all

Suddenly my emby server start to consume the RAM without anybody use it. I have restarted the server but still, after some time of starting emby the use of RAM increasing dramatically. And because of this I can not use emby, it became very slow or hung.

emby server: 4.6.4.0
The screenshots and log are attached

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 9.52.42 pm.png

Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 9.51.57 pm.png

hardware_detection-63764567156.txt embyserver.txt

Hi, please try removing these plugins:

2021-08-14 19:45:47.439 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.9.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/playback_reporting.dll
2021-08-14 19:45:47.439 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime, Version=1.4.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /var/lib/emby/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.dll

Then restart the server and see if it helps. Thanks.

What you could try for testing is disabling the realtime monitor for each of your libraries, then restart the server and see if that helps.

Try removing the dlna and port mapper plugins, then restart the server and see if that helps.

Happy2Play

Don't use this platform but how are those stats not wrong, how do you use 798.3% of a CPU?

Where in the first image show 274% then the image below it say Emby is using 128%.  So something does not add up to me.

Edited by Happy2Play

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't use this platform but how are those stats not wrong, how do you use 798.3% of a CPU?

I dont now why is 798.3% ... but not always the cup is very high like this; the most issue with RAM.

what do you mean by "Don't use this platform"?

thanks

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, iBoss said:

what do you mean by "Don't use this platform"?

I am a Windows users so some of this is just a foreign language to me.  But most stuff is really platform irrelevant.  So a fellow platform user would have to comment as those number would be totally wrong in my eyes.

Even this percentage not accurate/wrong but all leads to one thing, the usage of RAM and CUP is definitely very high and make whole the OS hung

Q-Droid

That is certainly a lot of memory being used by the Emby server. Are you using ramfs, tmpfs, /tmp, /dev/shm or any other memory backed filesystem in your Emby config?

The logs show your server is not idle. There are multiple clients connected and all appear to be remote. I count 8 of them across your posted logs. Also Ombi is trying to do something there.

The detected graphics adapter looks ancient and HW transcoding is not an option so all work is being done with software in CPU. If your graphics adapter is that old is your server just as old? It might explain why it looks so busy on the CPU usage.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Also Ombi is trying to do something there.

Ah good catch, I would first test disabling OMBI and see if the issue goes away.  I know there are topics like this related to Ombi+Emby eating the host resources.

Here is one topic, but do not know if there has been any improvement since then.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/84072-emby-ombi-massive-slowndown

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, iBoss said:

@Q-Droid @Happy2Play

How Ombi is there?!! I have stopped it since two weeks ago and the api is removed from emby server. how still be showen in log?!!!

589755715_Screenshot2021-08-18at1_31_28am.png.4329878b4174fa37552a61deea79033f.png

Not sure but your log show it 12 times but failing, so Ombi is still trying to connect to Emby.

2021-08-15 10:05:00.540 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure but your log show it 12 times but failing, so Ombi is still trying to connect to Emby.

2021-08-15 10:05:00.540 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.

But Ombi had already stopped!!!

33 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

That is certainly a lot of memory being used by the Emby server. Are you using ramfs, tmpfs, /tmp, /dev/shm or any other memory backed filesystem in your Emby config?

The logs show your server is not idle. There are multiple clients connected and all appear to be remote. I count 8 of them across your posted logs. Also Ombi is trying to do something there.

The detected graphics adapter looks ancient and HW transcoding is not an option so all work is being done with software in CPU. If your graphics adapter is that old is your server just as old? It might explain why it looks so busy on the CPU usage.

please tell me what are the clients you found that are connected to server

Q-Droid

These:

128.127.209.105    Device-Name=Chrome
51.223.157.184    Device-Name=Living Room
5.149.135.40    Device-Name=Chrome
87.101.204.72    Device-Name=Chrome
93.169.133.70    Device-Name=7th Heaven
95.219.109.135    Device-Name=DESKTOP-8RI3DE7

1 hour ago, iBoss said:

But Ombi had already stopped!!!

please tell me what are the clients you found that are connected to server

No apparently Ombi has not stopped. You may have revoked it's access in Emby Server, but Ombi isn't aware of that so it's just trying over and over again. I would check your Ombi configuration. Or just shut it down altogether for the purposes of testing this issue.

15 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

These:

128.127.209.105    Device-Name=Chrome
51.223.157.184    Device-Name=Living Room
5.149.135.40    Device-Name=Chrome
87.101.204.72    Device-Name=Chrome
93.169.133.70    Device-Name=7th Heaven
95.219.109.135    Device-Name=DESKTOP-8RI3DE7

Oh these family users who were watching the media. and the issue happend even there is any media is playing.

-----------------

@Luke @Happy2Play @Q-Droid 

Thanks all for trying help here.

I found that I have old server was shutdown from long time and I have just start it up from last two weeks. In this server, old ombi(v3) was installed; so it is started when the server run.

Now I have removed it.

@Luke I thing the emby server need to prevent any third party app (that the api is removed) trying to access it and make it busy.

Now I'll test again and let you know. Thanks.

@Luke

So far so good.

Now I will bring back a "realtime monitor" and other plugins

I'll test it again and come back here to confirm

Thanks

@Luke

Same isuue :(

and now no body watching any media. the issue always with the RAM ... only one time that happed give me the issue on CPU

thanks

embyserver.txt

Edited by iBoss