Emby differences (subtitles & audio) - nVidia Shield TV vs Shield Pro

NGNear
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

I currently use Emby via a couple of computers using Emby Theater, and a couple of nVidia Shield devices - one a 2019 Shield TV (the "Tube") and another Pro from about 2017-18ish.  Both are up to date with the Shield Experience software versions installed, and both have Emby 2.0.33g installed (server is 4.5.3.0), however I'm seeing a difference in the display of media, specifically the selection of subtitles (and to a lesser extent, audio options) when selecting for playback.

The Shield TV shows a drop-down menu showing selections for subtitles from the episode page (i.e. the deepest page of the tree you can get to, where you can see individual movie or episode info and can select "play"), which matches the behaviour of the Theater software and the web interface.  The Pro, however, does not - it recognises that there are subtitles available (same "CC" marking below the episode title, next to the duration) and if you select the three dot button and then select subtitles - any available tracks are listed on the left of the popup window.  However, there are no subtitle drop downs to choose from, even if there are subtitles present. 

I've attached three screen shots, one from the Shield TV showing what I expect, and the other two showing the Pro, both at the same point in the UI, and with the Subtitle Edit popup window open.

To get subtitles on the Pro, I can start playback, then press the select button the Shield remote to pause, then scroll down one step to get futher information in the bar area at the bottom - from here I can select the "CC" button and choose a subtitle track appropriately.  This occurs with various options for subtitle defaults (default, smart, always) and with the tick-boxed "burn in" option on the Settings-Sub/Audio Defaults page.

So, my question is, why?  Both Shields are running the same version of Emby, even if on slightly different hardware.

Screenshot_Shield-TV.png

Screenshot_Shield-Pro.png

Screenshot_Shield-Pro-Sub-Edit.png

• Solution
GrimReaper

You don't have them set-up equally. Enable "Show Pre-Playback Media Selections" in Settings>Playback on your Shield Pro. Enjoy. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Typo
  • Like 3