Father Brown

arrbee99

arrbee99

Bought the bluray boxset of Father Brown recently. Upon ripping, it seems that Series 4 Episode 6 "The Rod of Asclepius" has no audio whatsoever. Don't suppose anyone else has had similar ?

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Bought the bluray boxset of Father Brown recently. Upon ripping, it seems that Series 4 Episode 6 "The Rod of Asclepius" has no audio whatsoever. Don't suppose anyone else has had similar ?

Does the episode have audio when played from the bluray?

arrbee99
2 hours ago, lorac said:

The rip I have has audio.

Sounds like blatant favouritism to me 😀

arrbee99
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Does the episode have audio when played from the bluray?

Won't be able to test without fiddling round the back of the TV to plug and unplug stuff, which is a bit of a mission with our setup.

I guess there isn't an easy way to test on a computer ? Does Emby play bdmv files ? I guess that file / folder would in this case include 4 episodes.

arrbee99

Can't get Emby to recognise them. That might be because I've never tried bdmv anything in Emby before of course...

arrbee99

It seems to be playing in Theater, but I think all the episodes are stuck together and I can't scrub though so I might just have to leave it to play. It has sound, but thats not for the episode thats causing the problems.

arrbee99

Playing that episode in Theater after ripping the whole thing as a BDMV file and the audio seemed fine and it was in English, but if I look in MakeMKV and rip it as separate mkv's that episode only seems to be in Japanese -

1465962617_FatherBrownMakeMKVJapanese.thumb.JPG.e6b648dcf57c8c70ccf077d30223414e.JPG

and MakeMKV is set to only use English audio, so no sound. Hmmm.

arrbee99

If I get rid of the English preference in MakeMKV, it just ticks the Japanese available, just to show that that episode only seems to have English available.

...except the bdmv version does have English so I guess its not being picked up somehow. Yay.

arrbee99

The good news is, after asking on the MakeMKV forum, it turns out the English audio is missing because its actually mislabeled as Japanese, and I told MakeMKV to only keep English audio, so it kept nothing. Hopefully there'll be a way to correct the label, but anyway I now have proper sound, no matter what its called...