Internet down emby won't start

Lee

Just lost my Internet. Windows emby theater won't start? Is there some kind of check that's stopping this.? I've got on the emby app on lgtv it stuck for a moment saying get emby premiere. Which I have, if the premiere check breaks the app on Internet outage that's not cool. 

Happy2Play

All apps are suppose to cache x days for revalidation, a dev may have to comment more.

But I guess the first question would be when was the last time the client was launched.  

18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

All apps are suppose to cache x days for revalidation, a dev may have to comment more.

But I guess the first question would be when was the last time the client was launched.  

It was on earlier this afternoon so that shouldn't have been a problem 

Happy2Play
Just now, Lee said:

It was on earlier this afternoon so that shouldn't have been a problem 

But that is back to when was the last time it actually authenticated, as you could have been running on a cache that expired today (just guessing).  But devs will need to comment.

But there are other topics about this as no internet will eventually mean clients will stop working for clients that require premiere/unlock. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Luke said:

What exactly happens?

Just hangs and doesn't start. Internet came back on an hour later. Worked straight away.. The LG TV app was slightly better. Asked me to subscribe to Premiere (which I have already) a few clicks later that worked. I even rebooted the pc that had no effect. 

GrimReaper
16 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

But that is back to when was the last time it actually authenticated, as you could have been running on a cache that expired today (just guessing).

Exactly. Due to specific circumstances, I'm often without internet connection. Theater Desktop won't even start. Loopback or not. Just spinning circle. In any combination. Theater UWP will, given server was online for Premiere check AND it was connected at the same time, you'll be able to run it for few weeks, with our without closing it down. If server is running on cache, and you connect Theater UWP to it without internet connection (and you didn't while Premiere was checked), you will be asked for Premiere subscription - i.e. no playback, no Virtual TV. 

• Agree 1