Subtitles on Fire TV Not Working with STRM Files

sundevil67

sundevil67
2 hours ago, Luke said:

There's still an issue in just the FireTV app, right?

Yes. I happen to be in a location where I have access to a new Samsung Smart TV...but eventually I'll go home to my Amazon Fire TV, so I would still like to figure out a way to make that work if it is indeed possible.

rbjtech

I can't reproduce this problem on my FireTV Stick Gen 2 (non 4K)

It behaves exactly the same as the Web Client - shows all SRT files and plays them back as expected.

The files in the STRM folder were as follows :

M:\Films\strm_test>dir
 Volume in drive M is MediaPool
 Volume Serial Number is 6192-E6D6

Directory of M:\Films\strm_test

22/08/2021  23:03    <DIR>          .
22/08/2021  23:03    <DIR>          ..
05/08/2019  18:24            40,815 strm_test.en.srt
22/08/2021  23:03            40,779 strm_test.fr.srt
22/08/2021  23:02                76 strm_test.strm
               3 File(s)         81,670 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  11,692,066,205,696 bytes free

sundevil67

I am testing with the 4k version here, though I did experience the issue on the older version as well. I did not do the same thorough testing I've done on this end to confirm that it was limited to movies and not TV series with the older Fire Stick. Unfortunately none of that hardware is available to me now or for the next several weeks. I mean, in a way I've solved the problem at hand and am now able to use Emby where I am now, so it's not a catastrophe if the troubleshooting ends here at least for now, until I get back to the other location. I'll pick this thread up next month to post my experience when I get there. Thanks so much to all of you who have taken the time to help figure this out with me. It's hard to be perfect on every platform, but much more often than not I'm thrilled with what Emby can do, so I can be patient with stuff like this. Much obliged.

• Like 1

Okay, when you are back to the Fire device, please do these two things:

On 8/19/2021 at 1:45 PM, ebr said:

Can you please play this item for a few seconds on your system and then send a log from the app?

On 8/21/2021 at 9:17 AM, ebr said:

Can you please do a search and download from the app and then post the server log from that time?

Thanks.

sundevil67
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@sundevil67 can you please provide that information? That should help us get to the bottom of it. Thanks !

Yes; but I won't be in a place where I will be able to do so until mid next month....I'll post a reply with those details just as soon as I am able.