How do I force Emby to reread the m3u file?

normanmurcheson

normanmurcheson

I've added a few channels to the m3u file and saved it. I can't get Emby to find them.

I thought from previous input from @cayarsthat going into edit mode and just resaving without doing anything might do the trick.

Is there any one way to get Emby to consistently re-read that M3U file? What events normally trigger such a thing to automatically happen?

Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Try running a guide data refresh.

So a guide refresh will also update m3u playlists? It would be nice if we could schedule m3u playlists to automatically refresh on a schedule or for local m3u files to automatically update if it detects a change i.e. file edited or updated

You can and there is already a schedule take to do this every 24 hours by default.  You can change this to specific times or to run more often if needed.

Go to schedule tasks menu and then click on Refresh Guide task to be able to change the schedule.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cayars said:

You can and there is already a schedule take to do this every 24 hours by default.  You can change this to specific times or to run more often if needed.

Go to schedule tasks menu and then click on Refresh Guide task to be able to change the schedule.

Thanks.

So the refresh guide task also refreshes the m3u playlist also?

11 hours ago, yarafie said:

So the refresh guide task also refreshes the m3u playlist also?

Yes, because the first task is to go see what channels you need to get guide data for.  So it is a package deal.

• Thanks 1