Change background on homescreen and other stuff

BigMinc

BigMinc

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place, but Im going through the forum and cant find the answers to what is bugging me:

1) If Im using the Emby app via Nvidia Shield and Im logged in to my account, is it possible to change the background on Home screen? Like where you have Home/Favorites and so on? Currently its kinda greyish and I have seen that some users have somekind of background image there

2) For Windows web server - if I change the CSS and add custom stuff or whatever, will it show on my Nvidia shield or its just a thing that you can do and tinker around only locally, when launching http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/home? Is there a way to get those changes on my TV box?

3) Does theme changing for web version works only if you have Emby premiere? I tried to change the theme to Halloween for example, it didnt change.

2021-08-08 22_59_52.png

2 minutes ago, BigMinc said:

If Im using the Emby app via Nvidia Shield and Im logged in to my account, is it possible to change the background on Home screen? Like where you have Home/Favorites and so on? Currently its kinda greyish and I have seen that some users have somekind of background image there

You can choose a theme which will provide some different backgrounds.  You can also select "Show Backdrop while browsing" in the display options and you will get backgrounds then.  Also the "Enhanced Home Screen" may be of interest to you.

3 minutes ago, BigMinc said:

For Windows web server - if I change the CSS and add custom stuff or whatever, will it show on my Nvidia shield or its just a thing that you can do and tinker around only locally, when launching http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/home? Is there a way to get those changes on my TV box?

CSS only works on the web app.

3 minutes ago, BigMinc said:

Does theme changing for web version works only if you have Emby premiere?

Correct.  Themes are an Emby Premiere feature (in both apps).

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

• Thanks 1