DSM 7.0 ARMv5

matt77303

matt77303

Hi 

Been using emby for years now on my DS420j, always installed the ARMv5 download. 

Upgraded to DSM 7 and theres no option in the emby downloads for DSM 7.0 for ARMv5, has that been unsupported?

Thank you

Matt

HI, that's interesting. I'm surprised you were able to update. Synology told us that armv5 would not be supported with dsm7 so we didn't bother to produce a package for it.

matt77303
1 minute ago, Luke said:

HI, that's interesting. I'm surprised you were able to update. Synology told us that armv5 would not be supported with dsm7 so we didn't bother to produce a package for it.

It showed up under update and restore. So I just clicked update. 

Probably should of checked the only add-on that I use everyday would be supported. Lol. 

Looking at downgrading to 6 as I type. 

Matt

matt77303
1 hour ago, Luke said:

So they let you update even though it's not compatible?

DSM7 in itself works ok, just that emby doesnt.

Matt

alucryd

Sadly the synology 7.0 SDK doesn't support this platform yet. Hopefully they add it soon.

alucryd
3 minutes ago, alucryd said:

Sadly the synology 7.0 SDK doesn't support this platform yet. Hopefully they add it soon.

That said, I may be able to modify the SDK to force its addition, I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

alucryd

No dice, while modifying the SDK was easy enough, they don't have the required toolchain tarballs on their servers 😕

• 1 month later...

Synology got back to us and confirmed again that armv5 is deprecated with DSM7. They're not sure why your system allowed you to update but they're going to look into it.

FrostByte

It's not just his system though.  Synology's own website has (or had) it for manual download right on their website as shown in cayar's picture above.  So, even if it hadn't automatically pushed it down to him he could have still downloaded and installed manually along with everyone else

Yes it sure looks that way @Happy2Play and that would explain why he was able to install DSM 7.
I think we all took for granted it was ARM5 since that's what the op posted.

@matt77303 can you check the Synology Package Center and see if Emby shows up there for the release version of Emby.  We recently got approved so the server is available to install directly from the package center now.

If you don't see it listed can you try the release version directly from our download page using the ARM8 version?
https://emby.media/synology7-server.html

Let us know how you make out.

• Like 1

matt77303

hi

i can search and find emby in dsm now, but when i go to install it i get a error saying...

Unable to install "Emby Server". The free space of system partition is insufficient. Please contact the Synology support team for help.

but i belive thats due to me installing docker via ssh. if anyone could help with removing that id appricate it. used the info here...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52520008/can-i-install-docker-on-arm8-based-synology-nas

Matt

You might want to contact Synology to get them to help you as the message suggest.

Typically this is because the system partition is getting full. That should be this looking at it via SSH

/dev/md0

You could try looking at that location to see if you see the docker there and remove it but it would be wise to allow their support to assist you.