unlocking android app

rooser11

rooser11

Does unlocking android tv app also unlock android app on the same account or do you guys treat them separately and require two separate unlocks?  I think the latter but wanted to confirm.

GrimReaper

AFAIK Unlock is tied to App store account, not device, so theoretically, single unlock should be enough, since it is Google Play store, it should work on both Android and Android TV devices. But, them being two separate apps, I ain't sure myself. Mind, it does not apply to Fire devices (although they use practically same Android TV app) as those are tied to Amazon account.

@cayars, this should really be clarified in the KB. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Typo

I'm pretty sure the Android and Android TV stores are different so I would think each app would need it's own unlock,

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, cayars said:

I'm pretty sure the Android and Android TV stores are different so I would think each app would need it's own unlock,

Why would they be different? It is my understanding they're the same store, you just don't get all the apps listed. 

Edit: Not that I have a particular interest on the subject, but I do want to sate my curiosity, and I reckon it should be clearly addressed for all potential future customers (as they will eventually be paying for it) and currently it is a bit vague:

"Emby for Android TV" can just as well be officially downloaded through "full" Play Store, on your mobile device, it is listed there just next to "Emby for Android" and available for download (aside why would anyone want to do it, it's out of scope for this discussion). If one was to Unlock it there, would the Restore Unlock be eligible on Android TV device? 

Edit2: To continue: Hypothetically, if Devs were to decide to abandon "Emby for Android TV" app and just proceed with single "Emby for Android" for both platforms, would the purchase made on Android device - "full" Play Store - translate to Android TV device? 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

Hi.  At this time, they are two different apps so they require separate unlocks.  Emby Premiere will unlock both of them.