Is there a way to not have Emby kick me out so quickly when paused?

Garbonzo17

Garbonzo17

I apologize if this is asked/answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything searching...

I used to be able to leave emby paused for considerable amounts of time, and the app stayed open on my Fire 4k devices.
(although if memory serves me, it would stay all day if paused, but less if just browsing in the app)

Anyway, around the time Amazon was pushing the updates earlier this year to the FireTV devices. I started noticing it boots me out whenever I leave the room for some amount of time (10-20 mins most of the time) and I can't find anything in Emby or the Fire stick that really addresses this..

I am mainly asking here because there were updates to the Emby apps (and server) around the same time, and I am not sure what I need to try to change.. chicken/egg/whatnot..

anyway, anyone with some insight would be helpful and most appreciated..

TIA!

-g

Hi.  Try changing the amount of time before your screen saver engages and/or the device goes to sleep.

Garbonzo17

Yeah, I have the fire tv stick set to "never" for the screen saver.

but the thing times out and takes me back to the home screen anyway... its quite annoying because it used to work how I preferred, it would just dim the screen and sit on pause.

as I said, its been like this since around the time of the fire os revision earlier this year, but that may not have been the issue, because I have a soundbar in another room that has a built in fire tv and it got the update much later, but seems to time out as well.

1 hour ago, Garbonzo17 said:

but the thing times out and takes me back to the home screen anyway...

Are you sure the device isn't going to sleep?  I think there is no way to stop the Fire from going to sleep after about 20 minutes (short of playing something).

Garbonzo17

No thats probably it, because the soundbar (with fire built in) does actually go into standby. So I assume it's something similar...

I just bothered to google to see if there is an adb fix, and sure enough, it was right there... I am an idiot sometimes..

thanks to everyone for their help!

-g

FYI - since this appears to be one of those things where users are split about 50/50 on, I have added an option to the app for the next release that will allow you to toggle whether or not the SS will interrupt a paused video.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1