Meta Data Match Picker

TrackZ
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Similar to my suggestion of providing a picker UI for selecting specific imagery for a movie, it would also be helpful if there were a title picker when trying to match an entry to it's web meta data content. Right now, the server goes for it's best match and just uses it. If there's no clean match, it would be nicer if you could see a list of matchable options to make sure you get he right one. It would also be helpful if in that match picker, you could edit the search string and rerun the search.

elcabong

I agree, it would be nice if we could pull up a list of all the close matches found for the media, and we can select which one it is. I recently had a few issues with some of my movies, and even tho their folder names are perfect, and i entered the correct data in the web interface, if i click refresh to have images auto pulled, it will revert to the non-correct match. an override would be awesome to quickly correct mis-matches.

edit-----

also, i may want to add another Feature Request for this, but if you remove a collection, all the items should be pulled out of the library, in a clean type function that can be ran on demand instead of automatically with the library updates.  i just tested removing my movies collection and letting the scanner a few times, then added the collection again (after renaming some folders of problem movie matches) and after scanning the movies back in, MB simply updated the old db entrys with new path locations..  but it kept the wrong movie association.  i finally ended up deleting the library.db, and let MB rescan everything, and it looks like the problem movies have been matched correctly.

Edited by elcabong

steve1977

I believe this thread actually includes two feature requests and both of them are along the lines of providing a similar experience to a media manager:

1) Allowing to select posters and backdrops from a list of all available ones (through a GUI)

2) Allowing to see a list of potential matches and the option to actually refine the search term from only the folder name to find the right one

Both are great features. Thanks for considering!!!

We don't want to delete things from our database when you remove a collection because, what if the server was just down?  This is something that used to happen way back in about MB 2.3.  Bring it up one time with the server not ready and BANG, your whole library is gone and you have to re-build it.

I think in your situation, what you did was the proper fix - delete the db and re-build it.  What we probably need is a way to do that from the dashboard.

elcabong

right, after posting i was thinking if I was clear or not..  i agree, an auto clean function is no good for your reason (if the server/share is down), but i would like to be able to remove a source, then remove just the source entries info from the database manually.  I recently consolidated my movies from 2 drives/shares to 1 combined share, so i either need to deal with a bloated db that has listings no longer there (and will never be there again) or i can remove the db and start over, which i did this time..

otherwise, great work thus far on this project.  very awesome so far.

The re-build is fast enough that I don't think the effort to create and maintain selective db deletion is worth it.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...