Shield Playback Issues

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I'm having some issues with playback with one particular show.  I play 4K content all the time and haven't experienced these issues.  I tried downloading a different copy of it, but I'm still having the same problems.  The video freezes then jumps forward and the show has no audio.  Emby Server - Nvidia Shield - Sony Receiver - Epson 4K projector.

If I play the same show from Server - Nvidia Shield - Denon Receiver - Panasonic Plasma (1080p), it still shows as "Direct" however, there are no issues and the show has audio.  I'm not really sure where to start looking.

embyserver - Projector.txt - I ran the rotate log file task and then played it on the 4K projector.

embyserver - TV.txt - I ran the rotate log file task and then played it on the 1080p TV (No ffmpeg transcode file was created)

embyserver - Projector.txt embyserver - TV.txt

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Hi, Can you show us the Media info section of this file from the bottom of the detail screen in the web app?

Spyderturbo007

Sure. Hopefully iPhone screenshots are alright. I was able to get a little more information on this issue. If I reboot both the receiver and the shield, I’m good to go until the shield sits for any length of time. 

For example after a reboot I went on a season 1 bender and everything was fine. I turned off the receiver and the rest of my stuff but always leave the shield on.  I went to play an episode a few minutes ago and I get chopping playback and some weird audio. A reboot of both the shield and the receiver resolves the issue. 

I’m thinking this is a shield / receiver issue and not an Emby issue. Weird that it only happens with this show though. All other 4K rips are fine before the reboot. 

658E6A03-2EF3-4773-881A-933AD5030825.png

6224F199-42C4-4B51-B255-59930C787FFF.png

What I would do is download and install Media Info from https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo.

Then take a look at the format of the Mandalorian files compared to other 4K media that doesn't have a problem.

There is a good chance that these files are using a different format that may be responsible.

I suggest using Media Info as it has better reporting of 4K media than ffprobe which Emby uses.