Playback freezes during direct streaming after upgrade to dsm 7

jeoembyy

jeoembyy

Hi,

I followed the "how to migrate guide" and got the server back as it was before, no issues there.

After updating to dsm7 the playback (from Synology DS918+ to chromecast ultra via ethernet) freezes and won't restart untill I move the cursor or skip backward or forward, only to freeze again some seconds later.

Starting the movie from the beginning it hangs always at the same point (though if varies from movie to movie)

It seems the problem occurs only with high (or at list higher than usual) bitrate.

For example a file with bitrate of 2KBps plays fine, one with 14KBps doesn't (before the update I had no problems with those files).

On the dashboard playback position keeps going for like 10 more seconds, then it comes back to the freezing point. And keeps doing that.

Transcode position instead keeps going untill it reaches 100%.

I tried changing "home network quality" and "chromecast streaming quality" in the configuration, it didn't solve the problem.

I tried both stable and beta servers, currently I'm on 4.7.0.5 beta.

Another couple of issues:

if I navigate to a different page after starting the playback I keep hearing the audio stream, but the video stream is replaced by the image of the poster of the media I'm in (even if it's the same one I'm playing).

if I stop or restart the server the ssl cert disappears from the folder (/usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pfx) and I have to stop the server, reconvert the original pem (letsencrypt) and restart the server.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-f21a947c-4860-4dae-bce5-5eae6126cf93_1.txt

Edited by jeoembyy

jeoembyy

Unistall the beta and reinstall the release?

It doesn't let me install the release over the beta, the beta being newer.

Yes uninstall the beta then install the release.

You have to do this as the build number is lower on the release version.

jeoembyy

ok, reinstalled the release.

Unfortunately it didn't help.

If you think it can be usefull I could try a clean install, I mean delete everything in the @appadata/EmbyServer folder and reinstall the release.
I can always copy the files from the dsm6 folder again later

I don't think that is needed.

Do you have remote access setup on your server?
If so would it be possible to give me access and tell me a movie or two to test play?