Theatre subtitles broken?

NErdgOd56

NErdgOd56

subtitles in emby theater appear to be broken-- they appear as very small text with no backdrop. (screenshot is from a 1366x768 screen, literally unreadable on 4k) on other emby clients there is a "subtitle appearance" selection under the subtitle settings, which is not present in emby theatre.  

is this by design? this is the clearest screenshot of the subtitles i can get. 

image.thumb.png.c88500266fb04aa5cac7fac33a9f487e.png

NErdgOd56

no issue with that, can do, but just to clarify,
1) this is specific to emby theatre, all my other clients display subtitles properly, but i should post this in the Emby server/Windows (General) section as described in the link you referred me to? (my server is on linux, should it be in a linux section?)
2) you say lets look at an example, is the screenshot not enough of an example? again, no issue, but are you looking for more examples, a different one? or were you referring to a supplemental server log?

Hi, We need specifics. For example the first question is what type of subtitle is this you're playing.  Is it internal or external?

Does this happen with every movie/show or just one or two?
Does this playback ok via Web or other client?

etc.

The more you can explain your situation the easier it is for anyone to help.

NErdgOd56

every movie.

if by internal you mean burned? none were burned in, or embedded in the media file, if thats what you mean by internal

and its only in Emby Theatre, all other clients are working as expected in terms of subtitles.

in screenshot; left: theatre right: chrome, same sub, SRT format. sub file and logs included (there was only one ffmpeg_transcode for both clients playing the movie, it seems)

subs.png

2.Fast.2.Furious.2003.1080p.BrRip.x264.YIFY+HI.en.srt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-446a5735-0f29-4736-a420-2e0bf4558633_1.txt

Edited by NErdgOd56

NErdgOd56

oh wow, this just blew my mind. ive been using the windows store one thinking it was that one, i knew something was wrong about it.

PS when using bing/edge/windows start menu search, the windows store one is the first to come up, you guys should either take that off the store or put some work into it in my opinion, the standalone one makes the store one look like trash. holy crap

• Like 1

Strange. The store app looks normal to me with white text. Have you tried the update that went out yesterday?

Maisy

Windows has native closed caption options. Search Windows settings for Closed Captions.