DSM 7.0 Question volume1 Emby

Pain
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Looks like my certs have been moved to /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/certs/certificate.pfx  how can I access that from my PC?
Before I could network to /volume1/Emby/ if needed.

SSH/Putty (might need sudo -i)

copy anything you need from /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer to a common location you have access to.

You won't have access to /volume1/@appdata without using SSH.

39 minutes ago, cayars said:

SSH/Putty (might need sudo -i)

copy anything you need from /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer to a common location you have access to.

You won't have access to /volume1/@appdata without using SSH.

Thank you, So it is safe do remove the emby folder now?

• Solution

If you have no need for anything that's still in /volume1/Emby/ you should be able to delete it.
May I suggest however to rename the folder first and run Emby as normal for a couple of days just to make sure nothing is being reference from the old location?

I suggest this because some people have actually stored media in that location and deleting the folder would cause an issue.  Doing the rename trick will help find any oddities like this.

But at your own discretion when you have no need for /volume1/Emby feel free to remove it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cayars said:

If you have no need for anything that's still in /volume1/Emby/ you should be able to delete it.
May I suggest however to rename the folder first and run Emby as normal for a couple of days just to make sure nothing is being reference from the old location?

I suggest this because some people have actually stored media in that location and deleting the folder would cause an issue.  Doing the rename trick will help find any oddities like this.

But at your own discretion when you have no need for /volume1/Emby feel free to remove it.

Thank you

• Like 1