PVR addons - Channel groups

emveepee

emveepee

Does the PVR addon API allow populatingg channel groups?  If so I would like to add them to the NextPVR addon.

Martin

Hi, yes you can by filling out the channelInfo.Tags property. It's an array of string of tag names.

emveepee

Excellent thanks, I will have a look at this today.  Is there a specific language neutral tag for "All Channels" or will that be created automatically?

Martin

Do you mean a tag containing all channels? No there isn't. If you're filtering by tags you'd just clear the filter, right?

emveepee

NextPVR happens to provide a group for "All Channels" but if the tag is simply a filter no problem.

Martin

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
emveepee

OK I have this working, and I see type 34 records in the database.  Is there are way to not show them in the channel list they seem out of place there when there is a filter option.  Some people have lots of channel groups and I like to filter to small groups but have the channels list is now  channel groups.

Edit ignore that there was a group by option I must have setting when I didn't realize that the channel list must be downloaded during the EPG scan.

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Thanks 1

emveepee

Still running into issues using the tag filter.  Whenever I choose a tag I lose channel numbers.  Is there are an option to have the channel number display with tags, perhaps if type 34 record carried the channel number forward?

Also even with no group filter the guide only shows the icon not the channel number (unless it has no icon).  Can that be changed or is that Emby behaviour?

Martin

emveepee

How well are tags working? When I change the tags it is hit and miss what I get unless I delete library.db.  Is there a task to do this other than an EPG update?

Martin

On 8/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, emveepee said:

Still running into issues using the tag filter.  Whenever I choose a tag I lose channel numbers.  Is there are an option to have the channel number display with tags, perhaps if type 34 record carried the channel number forward?

Also even with no group filter the guide only shows the icon not the channel number (unless it has no icon).  Can that be changed or is that Emby behaviour?

Martin

That's only the next screen after clicking on the tag that needs some adjustment to show that information. We'll take a look at it. Thanks.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:19 AM, emveepee said:

How well are tags working? When I change the tags it is hit and miss what I get unless I delete library.db.  Is there a task to do this other than an EPG update?

Martin

Change tag how?

emveepee

Sorry I missed the reply.  If I delete a channel from a channel group or  move it to another group after an EPG update the channels aren't always in the group.  It always is correct if I delete library.db.

Martin

18 minutes ago, emveepee said:

Sorry I missed the reply.  If I delete a channel from a channel group or  move it to another group after an EPG update the channels aren't always in the group.  It always is correct if I delete library.db.

Martin

We'd have to look at a specific example along with the exact steps taken. Thanks.

emveepee

OK thanks, nothing specific is logged so I will see if I can see anything is of note in mediaitems.

Martin

emveepee

I actually couldn't duplicate it but maybe what was confusing me the group tag image doesn't get rebuilt so the image from a removed channel still shows up.  I only was having one channel in the groups for testing.

Martin