DSM 7 Upgrade & emby-server-synology7_4.6.4.0_x86_64

DS-Shawn
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

DS-Shawn

Hi there,

Today i upgraded to DSM 7.0-41890 on my DS916+. After that i think it is best i describe in bulletpoints what transpired:

1. I noticed that the old install of emby wouldnt work
  2. installed emby-server-synology7_4.6.4.0_x86_64
  3. Noticed that the new install somehow lost all my previous accounts and i had to start from scratch
  4. created a new account in emby and added my media folder for Movies
  5. First Problem - whenever i chose the /volume1/movie folder the selection field was empty
  6. when i manually entered the path, scans provided no results and only lastet a second
  7. i hence went back to DSM and checked folder rights settings for user "emby_pkg"
    1. the user had read/write access
  8. After fiddling about for a good hour i though - well, lets uninstall emby and start from scratch
    1. uninstalled emby
    2. deleted emby_pkg user
    3. deleted emby folder with all previous setting
    4. restarted the diskstation twice
  9. However, now whenever i install emby i get greeted with the new user i created, so i think it must still be saved somewhere in @appstore or something (sadly i am not 100% linus & ssh savy)
  10. i tried to remedy the folder issue by looking into the firewall settings and folder permissions, but so far to no avail.

I'd be happy for some input. Latest log is attached

embyserver.txt

• Solution

Hi, sounds like you didn't follow the migration guide for Emby going from DSM 6 to DSM 7.

Start out right after the upgrade to DSM 7 in the instructions.

• Like 1

FrostByte

The biggest thing people miss by not following the guide is that very last section on setting shared folder permissions which changed in DSM 7

• Like 2