Wishlist: Set Library, Collection & Folder Display Settings Serverside

joshhuggins

joshhuggins

Hello all,

I have a mix of Libraries, Collections and Folders and depending on the content, I have specific Display settings like Sort by Title, Views=Thumbs,  Show Fields,  etc set for each based on the content and images provided. Can we get a way to lock the Display settings for content on the server? This way users don't switch to different view settings that have not been setup on the backend and get presented with an interface which looks unfinished and hard to tell what content is what because they can't see the correct images or info. As it is now I have to manually go to each device and setup each users account for each Library, Collection and Folder and it's really time consuming. Is there another way to do this that I might be missing? I am primarily serving Theater, Fire Sticks, Android Tables, iPads and web browsers. Thanks!

Hi, have you explored this link in user setup?
image.png.025abbafa3c5894413ad46f0edfbf6c3.png

That will allow you the admin to set much of this info just as you would for your own account.  If you user the Emby Configuration Backup plugin you could create a "dummy" or "master" user account with the settings you want users to have as defaults.  Then any time you want to create a new user you use the plugin to restore from "dummy" account to JohnDoe new user account.

That's a slick easy way to pre-setup accounts and to apply them as needed to any new account you create.

joshhuggins

Hi cayars, thanks for the reply!

That area allows setting of the users overall app settings, but not the individual view settings for different Libraries, Collections and Folders display like the Sort by Filters, and View settings and Show Fields selections. Thanks for the reply though!

Yes that's true but keep in mind many of the things you mentioned are app settings not user settings as the different apps don't all have the same views or features.

• Agree 1