emby server 4.6.4.0 take all the upload bandwidth for what ?

HUNGERATFIVE

HUNGERATFIVE

emby server 4.6.4.0 installed on DS218+ in DSM 7.0 , I just find out it took the full upload bandwidth to do something ,tried to figure it out why it did this. I closed all session ,changed user password. uninstall the add-in ,nothing works. someone know the answer about this ?

On 8/2/2021 at 1:49 AM, HUNGERATFIVE said:

Are you using a VPN?

On 7/31/2021 at 9:22 AM, HUNGERATFIVE said:

emby server 4.6.4.0 installed on DS218+ in DSM 7.0 , I just find out it took the full upload bandwidth to do something ,tried to figure it out why it did this. I closed all session ,changed user password. uninstall the add-in ,nothing works. someone know the answer about this ?

Hi, what kind of duration or time span are we talking about here?

Also what is your "full bandwidth" ?

HUNGERATFIVE

I didn't remember clearly ,last Friday night maybe ."full bandwidth" means all my internet line upload  bandwidth , I have 1GB download bandwidth 60M upload bandwidth ,at that time DLNA took all my upload bandwidth. I just don't know why , and don't know the traffic where to go . I changed the only user password ,but nothing helped ,then I tried the add-in one by one ,find the issue with DLNA.

That would seem a bit strange as DLNA is on LAN only and would never go out your router.

Are you looking at the bandwidth use on the server or at the WAN/router port?
When you seen it maxed was it like a second or two or for minutes at a time?

If you know the time this happened you could look at the logs to try and figure this out.

You may also want to think about installing the Playback Reporting plugin which can help you look at a specific day/time to see what client was active at the time.

HUNGERATFIVE

tried DLNA again ,it's OK. No issue right now.  Don't know why ,if I have more info ,I will give you the feedback.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HUNGERATFIVE said:

No ,just changed the DSM DNS from local to 114.114.114.114

Do you use Synology Quick Connect? Because that is also a vpn.