WMA file playback problem

swandruski

swandruski

I just sent a log where I went in to play some music and found that wma files looked like they were playing, but no sound was coming out. I went to several different CDs that I knew were ripped as wma and several that I knew were more recent rips to flac. One of the CDs was the album <185> from The Muffins. The flacs played fine, the wma files did not. A flac album I played was from Scherzoo. Log was sent at ~130pm EDT. The Emby user name is Steve Andruski

FrostByte

Sounds like the same issue I had before playing wma.  This was fixed in the current beta.

• Like 1

swandruski

I had never had a problem playing wma files before. New stuff I've been ripping as flac and eventually I'll re-rip everything, but that won't happen quickly. I had just updated the Emby server, but then had to shut down the server and disconnect things to move  stuff because we were having a new floor put in. I got everything re-connected and the first album i tried was a flac rip so i thought everything was working. then later I went to "Shuffle All" and it started with a wma ripped album and no sound. At one point I went to a specific album that had problems playing in Shuffle, and tried to play it directly and sound came out, but the TV went blank. That problem doesn't seem to be reproducible.

swandruski

No I haven't tried the beta. I haven't had time. I guess I'll look into that, but why would playback of wma files have stopped working? I had never had a problem previously.

swandruski

OK, I give up. I've looked and searched but i can't find where to download the beta apk for version 2.0.32. Can someone point me in the right direction?

FrostByte

The latest beta and release notes are always in this pinned post down in the testing area.

2 hours ago, swandruski said:

That seems to have fixed the wma playback problem.

Thanks for the feedback.