Media Center Extenders in a Domain

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

Ok I take 0 credit for this fix and I'll just post the link to the person's blog that originally found it.  At anyrate I'm running a Windows 2008R2 domain here at home with several servers and clients etc.  I've been fighting an issue for weeks now with my Xbox 360 where it will work once or twice connecting to one of my MC machines and then suddenly it will stop connecting.  It would report it could see the MC machine, etc but at the connecting screen it would just sit for roughly 45 seconds or so and report that it had lost connection and then retry.  The fix this guy found fixed my issue and I'd assume others will run into the same thing as I did, it was extremely frustrating I was in the midst of building a VM to test a fresh install etc when I found this tonight.  I only hope this can help any of you who may be having the same issue or find yourself running into it later.

Here's the link.......http://blogs.msdn.com/b/colinco/archive/2009/05/18/media-center-extender-fails-when-joined-to-a-domain-controller.aspx

Cheesegeezer

Jeremy Great find and I'm sure it will help the masses.  Thanks for sharing

Edited by Abobader
  • Like 1

JeremyFr79

Thanks, I was literally beating my head against the wall over this, the frustrating thing was you'd add the Xbox in MC and it would work for a bit, then suddenly it'd stop the next time you tried to use it.  Frustrating doesn't even begin to express the situation lol I had searched forums and posts and such high and low and just happened across this guy's blog and found my answer after trying so many other things and trying to pin-point where the problem was.