Shield tv pro 2019

saunderslambert

saunderslambert

My tv has dolby vision and dolby atmos Options. Is there any information that explains in full what every setting actually does!.On my Shield tv pro(2019).For example: Advanced display settings: Match content colour space,does this work better if you enable it?.Custom display mode: filter by resolution, Best option! Filter by refresh rate,Best option!.ect,etc.There are loads of other options,but there's no info on which is best settings.Or what they actually do!  Thanks in advance Rob 

rbjtech

Are you referring to the settings in the Emby Client ?  if yes, most have a short description of what they do.

The two that don't (not sure why..) are as follows :-

Enable Refresh Rate Switching - On playback, emby will try and force your TV's Refresh to match the media - resulting in smoother playback.  This is only supported on TV's that allow this - most modern TV's do.

Match Video resolution - On playback, emby will try and utilise an external TV scaler if it can.  So on a 4K TV, all HD and SD content will be 'scaled' to fit - the best scaler is likely the Shield scaler (if you have it turned on) but the TV scaler is also likely very good.  Probably worth experimenting with this option to see what looks better for HD/SD content. 

I hope this helps - if you meant your own TV settings, then your best bet is the online manuals for that TV.

Screenshot_20210723-122748.thumb.png.0333cc83b16dce47f0de111f984928b0.png

• Like 1

CBers
2 hours ago, saunderslambert said:

My tv has dolby vision and dolby atmos Options. Is there any information that explains in full what every setting actually does!.On my Shield tv pro(2019).For example: Advanced display settings: Match content colour space,does this work better if you enable it?.Custom display mode: filter by resolution, Best option! Filter by refresh rate,Best option!.ect,etc.There are loads of other options,but there's no info on which is best settings.Or what they actually do!  Thanks in advance Rob 

User Manual for 2019 Shield Pro is available here.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, rbjtech said:

Match Video resolution - On playback, emby will try and utilise an external TV scaler if it can.  So on a 4K TV, all HD and SD content will be 'scaled' to fit - the best scaler is likely the Shield scaler (if you have it turned on) but the TV scaler is also likely very good.  Probably worth experimenting with this option to see what looks better for HD/SD content. 

So, if one wants to utilize the Shield scaler this option should be left disabled?

10 hours ago, Ruato said:

So, if one wants to utilize the Shield scaler this option should be left disabled?

HI, which do you prefer?