Video/Photo Shuffle Feature is great!

NealCassady

NealCassady

I purchased Emby Premier because of this feature! Well, I first bought the FireTV app and then decided to get Premier so I could do this across all screens. Only problem is, I can't! Still happy to support the efforts here because Plex has failed me again and Emby is working extremely well.

With the FireTV app (I have a Toshiba with FireTV built in so not using a stick), when I access a library that has both photos and videos I can shuffle them! Yes I need to press play to start the video and a minor hiccup (toggle switch to turn that on/off would be very cool) but the end result is what I am looking for. I also notice it's about 6 seconds till the next shot which is fine with me. To make it even cooler, a slider or at least a short/medium/fast option would be great but very happy with transition speed with this app. I also notice there is a transition effect between photos too, gives it a nice touch. I like it, having some other choices would make it cooler. However, I'm very happy with the way that it works now so kudos to the team.

I bought Premier thinking this feature would be available with Emby Theatre and it is not. Mix of photo/video will only show a photo and if it is a video still frame photo, there are no options to start the video, there aren't even indicators that it is a video as the FireTV app does (play button in gray circle). If, however, the shuffle starts with a video, typically another video will follow and then it errors out, screen shot attached and then you have to stop the shuffle as no other options seem to work. There are no transition effects and it's a full 8 seconds per shot which is a bit long (I know, everyone has their own opinion).

Finally, on my Android phone when I use shuffle on a photo/video library, there is no automation at all, I have to advance everything manually. My phone has a built-in stand so it would be nice to be able to set it and watch the show rather than have to advance each picture and I haven't seen a video show up in the mix even though I'm in Folder view.

One other comment is that I have uploaded extremely large photo sets with literally thousands of pictures and Emby has been handling it nicely. I'm still waiting for Plex to scan one library, it's been several days and a few more to go before it's done. Emby did it in just over a day.

Using a Windows Lenovo laptop as a server and connecting on various Windows/Mac devices in the house. All systems are upgraded to the latest versions of Windows/Mac as an FYI.

Great product gang - keep up the great work!

Neal

Playback error.png

rbjtech

May I suggest you split this thread into multiple threads in the correct forums - then it should get individual attention for your issues.

ie

put your Emby Theatre issue here - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/54-emby-theater/

put your Android App issue here - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/93-android-mobile/

👍

• Thanks 1

NealCassady

I posted the error message above. On the FireTV app I can shuffle a library with the Home Videos & Photos content selected. Add photos and videos, good to go. During the shuffle I will get photos and videos although I have to actually start the video. i know it's a video because there is a huge grey circle with a play button on it!! It does seem that the first two times I try to press it, it may or may not work but after that it seems pretty stable. This is great! If the Settings offered a toggle switch to enable/disable auto play of videos during shuffle with this content type that would even be better. Also, there are transition effects and timing is about 6 seconds which is fine by me.

Now then, on every web app (or at least Chrome and Edge on updated Windows devices) and on the Emby Theatre Windows app (not sure it's version but the overall Emby version is 4.6.4.0), when I shuffle this same library I will only get pictures. If it's a video, I have no idea as it is not indicated and if I know it's a video I can't seem to start it to play no matter what. All photos do not show full screen either however the FireTV app does do full screen. When I hit shuffle in this same library and a video starts it plays right away, if the next shuffled item is a video then it will play right away however if it is a photo then I get the Playback Error uploaded above.

What other info can I provide?

What other info can I provide?

Can you please attach all of the information requested in my link above? Thanks.

NealCassady

Sorry, I missed the logs part. I can recreate it all day long but when I look at the logs, I'm not sure what to send because it may take me 4 or 5 tries before it happens so I can't identify that it was on this line. All I know is it will play a video and then throw a Playback Error but the FireTV app does not do that.

I'll see if I can set up a test over the weekend capturing it from the FireTV and then from the web browser/Emby Theatre app (used both)

On 7/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, NealCassady said:

so I can't identify that it was on this line.

Hi @NealCassady, we actually don't want you to try and do this. We would like you to supply the complete log file, rather than trying to extract a snippet. The instructions I provided above mention this in detail.

Can you please do that? Thanks !