Opening an Android App via .strm file or similar?

Hi, is it possible at all to launch an Android app via .strm file or something similar? I'd like to add the shows I watch from Netflix, Prime and Disney+ to my collection to have them all in one place and figured the easiest way would be with something like .strm file, but I'm probably wrong. Any advice?

I was thinking something like the .strm file holding the URI for the video, such as disneyplus:\\disneyplus.com\video\bbacb0b8-f726-47db-837c-6fe925401562, but I believe that the Emby built-in player will just try and play this and return an error. Is there any known work around I haven't managed to find in my Google searches?

Thanks, 
Ray.

• Agree 1
rbjtech

Not possible I'm afraid - all the commercial streaming services will be using DRM - you can't just reference a stream and start playing it .. 😉

33 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Not possible I'm afraid - all the commercial streaming services will be using DRM - you can't just reference a stream and start playing it .. 😉

I understand that, but I don't want to play the stream inside Emby. I want to launch the native app from inside Emby. For example, the link in my original post is the URI for Doctor Strange in Disney+.

Basically what I want is something similar to what apps like Reelgood or JustWatch do, where they launch the video file via the official Android apps.

• Agree 1
ebr

Hi.  No, it isn't possible to do this at this time.  It would be quite tricky as well because you'd need to set these up in your library somehow and then each individual platform would have to be able to somehow know how to launch the proper app.

4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  No, it isn't possible to do this at this time.  It would be quite tricky as well because you'd need to set these up in your library somehow and then each individual platform would have to be able to somehow know how to launch the proper app.

That's unfortunate but understandable. Thanks for the reply.