Dolby vision

saunderslambert

saunderslambert

Is there an android app that can play dolby vision content on shield tv pro 2019,Thanks

Edited by saunderslambert
Mispell

rbjtech

To add - there are also many flavours of Dolby Vision - and depending on the media format and construction (MKV, MP4 etc and Dolby Vision Profiles and Layers..) they may not necessarily work.

The good news is you have the very best end user client capable of playing DV - so if the Shield Pro 2019 does not play it as DV, then it's almost certainly a media format or layering issue. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lightsout said:

Do I need a beta or does the main app work with DV?

The main version of the app supports dv.

• Like 1

saunderslambert

Hi what is the Best android app, which can play dolby vision content on shield tv pro 2019.For example,"VLC,MXplayer,Kodi" None of these  examples Can. The Only one i can find so far is (Just(video)Player).Which can play dolby vision content on shield tv pro 2019,Thanks

Hi.  Our app without any of those other players can play DV within the constraints Cayars mentioned above.

saunderslambert

Thanks what do you mean by our app what is our app?,Rob. shield tv pro 2019 is not an app!.Dolby vision is enabled on my shield tv pro.In order to play dolby vision file.You need an app to play it on.

Edited by saunderslambert
Mispell
  • Haha 1

crusher11

People wandering in here thinking Emby supplies media and trying to figure out how to access it is one thing, but people wandering in here who don't know Emby exists is a brand new one. 

• Like 1