Serious conflict or error with Skin "HALLOWEEN" in Android TV client.

Fabian2101

Fabian2101

Here I leave you all, the link of a video that I just recorded with my smartphone where you can see how the Android TV client application is completely hung, does not respond, and closes itself after a few seconds, when the appearance is already selected in HALLOWEEN Skin. It is impossible to do something on the client because immediately when opening with the HALLOWEEN Skin it is completely dangling, it does not respond, and after a few seconds it closes itself.

Video link: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11fFlxOiDZ5VTjnKsz_WVbIV-znaXnNof/view 

2 hours ago, Fabian2101 said:

Unfortunately the HALLOWEEN Skin also hangs, does not respond, and closes itself in version 2.0.31g. Luckily I am testing it with test users that I add on the Windows server that is in version 4.6.4.0.

I have also already sent several records of the error since 02:00 am, Buenos Aires time, Argentina (UTC -03:00). Server name FMCU2101. I generated the error with user Testing-2, and the error logs I sent with user Testing-1.

Hi.  I found the error in your log.  Somehow, your installation is missing something - the audio file that goes with that theme.  Cayars, does the app "howl" at startup for you?

Fabian2101
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I found the error in your log.  Somehow, your installation is missing something - the audio file that goes with that theme.  Cayars, does the app "howl" at startup for you?

No, the app doesn't yowl on startup. You can see it in the video I posted above just recently.

vdatanet
6 minutes ago, Fabian2101 said:

No, the app doesn't yowl on startup. You can see it in the video I posted above just recently.

Try to disable Theme sounds to see is this is the reason of the crash.

Configuration - General Screen - Uncheck Enable sound themes to false

Fabian2101
18 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Try to disable Theme sounds to see is this is the reason of the crash.

Configuration - General Screen - Uncheck Enable sound themes to false

Impossible for me to uncheck the option or configuration that you are telling me, because that option or configuration is disabled or inabilited. You can see it in the photos that I attach.

IMG_20210721_095315.jpg

IMG_20210721_095333.jpg

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, Fabian2101 said:

Impossible for me to uncheck the option or configuration that you are telling me, because that option or configuration is disabled or inabilited. You can see it in the photos that I attach.

IMG_20210721_095315.jpg

IMG_20210721_095333.jpg

Set the Halloween Theme and then uncheck sounds.

• Like 1

Fabian2101
9 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

That is precisely the serious problem, if I configure the HALLOWEEN theme immediately the application hangs and does not respond until it closes itself a few seconds later...

vdatanet

Yes, the theme configuration is stored on the server. @ebr Why? Let's say I set the Blue Radiance theme. If I clear the app cache/data, most values at set to default, but some they don't. After a reset data/cache I expect default values for everything.

Fabian2101
15 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

There I already managed to select the HALLOWEEN theme and then immediately remove the tick and the application no longer crashes, it works fine with the HALLOWEEN theme, but there is no sound or howl at the start of the application. 

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, Fabian2101 said:

There I already managed to select the HALLOWEEN theme and then immediately remove the tick and the application no longer crashes, it works fine with the HALLOWEEN theme, but there is no sound or howl at the start of the application. 

We have already found the problem, you are missing the owl's howl, why? no idea.

• Like 1

Fabian2101
12 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Ya hemos encontrado el problema, te falta el aullido del búho, ¿por qué? ni idea.

Yes, yes, we found the cause of the error and the crash, the owl sound is missing at the beginning of the HALLOWEEN theme, I leave the link of the video that I just recorded so you can see that the HALLOWEEN theme works well, but that there is no longer owl sound at startup.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vxKkxrJmWv8qYinzm7zMUtyD6i5TGFuB/view 

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Yes it does.  Interesting, that video is made with his client connected to my server which I have no issue with.

Fabian2101
10 hours ago, cayars said:

Si lo hace. Interesante, ese video está hecho con su cliente conectado a mi servidor con el que no tengo ningún problema.

No, I was already connected to my server, in one of my test users.

Oh, you had EmbyTest account on your server as well?

That's funny as that was the name I made up for you to use on my server. :)

Fabian2101
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Oh, ¿también tenías una cuenta EmbyTest en tu servidor?

Es gracioso, ya que ese fue el nombre que inventé para que lo usaras en mi servidor. :)

Yes, because I discovered that it was not necessary to completely remove the entire server and reinstall from scratch when the Emby client for Android TV hung without responding with the HALLOWEEN issue. It was only necessary to delete the User on the server and re-create a new User, for this reason I began to create Users to perform Tests. 🙃

Fabian2101
12 hours ago, vdatanet said:

We have already found the problem, you are missing the owl's howl, why? no idea.

How can I get the owl sound from the HALLOWEEN Skin theme to play on my devices again?

Can I add the owl sound file manually in some folder on the system?

Could you please provide me with a link so that I can download the owl sound file?

Have you tried uninstalling the Emby app and reinstalling it?

Fabian2101
46 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you tried uninstalling the Emby app and reinstalling it?

I have already tried installing several different versions of the client application and in the version that if the owl sound works for me it is the old and outdated version 1.8.55g. As of version 2.0.09g the owl sound has disappeared and does not work.

• Thanks 1

Fabian2101
17 minutes ago, ebr said:

Exactly how are you installing the app?

When I test with version 2.0.09g I install it from the application store to the client Emby. When I try with an older version, or with a newer version in BETA state, now I install it by downloading the apk file, I send the apk file from the computer to the TV by FTP with MiXplorer and install it with the same MiXplorer on the TV or in any of my other Android TV devices. If you do not know MiXplorer here below I leave the link of its official page:

https://mixplorer.com/

Fabian2101

Please, I am waiting for someone to tell me how to recover or have the owl sound in the HALLOWEEN theme again, without the client application crashing, then someone tell me how to recover the owl sound I can mark this problem as already solved.    Thanks

GrimReaper

Based on your reply in another topic:

12 hours ago, Fabian2101 said:

You were right, when I directly installed the apk from the download link that you have provided me, the installation of version 2.0.31 was done well without any problem. The error was caused by the Aptoide TV store client application for Android TV.

I use the Aptoide store on my Philips 55OLED873 / 77 TV, because for some reason the applications of the Android TV operating system are not automatically updated like Google Play Services, or Play Store. Perhaps the manufacturer Philips purposely makes some modification to the operating system so that the operating system becomes obsolete faster if the operating system applications are not updated. It is for this reason that I use the Aptoide TV store application that updates for Google Play Services and other applications of the Android system arrive. The Google application for Android TV is not updated either, so the Google assistant does not work on the TV, but thanks to the Aptoide store I get the update for the Google application for Android TV and that is how the Goggle assistant works for me on my TV....

I'd say make sure to install official Emby Android TV app, not third-party provided one, either stable apk from Emby for Android TV - Emby or latest beta from Emby Android TV Release Notes (BETA) - Android - Emby Community. Either should give you a howl.

If you already installed latest beta as per your previous post, you should already have it, is your TV volume high enough? I just checked mine (beta 31) and have no issues, howling.

Fabian2101
45 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Based on your reply in another topic:

I'd say make sure to install official Emby Android TV app, not third-party provided one, either stable apk from Emby for Android TV - Emby or latest beta from Emby Android TV Release Notes (BETA) - Android - Emby Community. Either should give you a howl.

If you already installed latest beta as per your previous post, you should already have it, is your TV volume high enough? I just checked mine (beta 31) and have no issues, howling.

Thanks to the Aptoide store, I can have several applications of the Android TV operating system updated on my Philips TV, such as Google Play Services for Android TV, Google app for Android TV, which are not updated automatically due to something that the Philips manufacturer I suppose that to make the television obsolete in less time and force customers who trusted the Philips brand to buy a new model of television if the Google Assistant works, or if they support Dolby Vision. So using the Aptoide store has nothing wrong, and the applications published in Aptoide are exactly the same as in the Google Play Store, with the advantage that you can also download the older versions, or the newer versions in BETA.

Only in the sound of the owl it disappeared and it does not sound, because the sound of the Skin HOLIDAYS theme if the sound works without problem. And the HALLOWEEN owl sound doesn't work on any of my four Android TV devices. So it is not that the volume of the television is too low.

Don't use Aptoide as they often modify apk.

Download it from our our website or forum and only use sourced files directly from Emby!

• Like 2