Photos No Longer Displaying

daniel.bmyer

daniel.bmyer

Not sure if this is in the right thread but is there a known problem with the latest version of Nvidia Shield TV and Photos?

I'm using Nvidia Shield TV Pro on my Unraid Server via a docker. I noticed that some time in the last few weeks, none of my jpgs are showing in my emby photo library  anymore.

I checked the docker config and it's still set to 

/mnt/user/Photos/

Container path is /Photos

If I go to the Emby Server library and check the config it's still set to /Photos

I reran a scan of the library. I can see the subfolders for my trips but each subfolder shows no files. They are all jpg.

I even created a new library using /Photos and same thing. 

On the unraid tower shares tab and click Photos I can see the subfolders and if I click the subfolders it does see the jpgs. I can even browse to the shared folder via may pc and it displays all my jpg photos.

All my other libraries for music and tv shows which follow the exact same structure all still work oddly.

I am running emby server 4.6.4.0

I even restared the docker.

Am I missing something?

Hi.  What type of library did you make it?  Ensure it is "Home Videos and Photos" and that the option to show photos is checked.

daniel.bmyer

It is home videos and photos and has the option for photos enabled. What's odd is it picks my video files with the subfolders, just not photos

daniel.bmyer

I tried copying the files out of the folder and copying them back and doing a rescan, still not showing.

I just checked this from both web and my Shield TV and jpg photos are showing fine for me from both my Windows and Synology Servers.

Can you check to make sure you don't have any filters set that would keep you from seeing everything.
Have you checked to see if these pics show up using the web app?

daniel.bmyer

If by web app you mean the Emby Server, it displays the same problem. What's really odd, if the subfolder (organized by country)...say Kenya has a poster.jpg file in it that is used as the default photo (primary photos for the folder) to display for the thumbnail for the group, it does display it. Just nothing else.

No filters anywhere

If you like I can do a remote session with you and take a look to see if I see anything.

Send me a PM if you would like to do this.

Did a remote with daniel and the issue was a few libs including music & photos were mixed content types so we edited 3 libs to change their type setting and then did a full scan which fixed music and Photos.

daniel.bmyer

Everything seems to be working well. Ran into a small snag on one library but managed to figure out the issue.

So far all appears to be working as it should!

Thanks cayars! Much appreciated the help!

• Like 1

daniel.bmyer

Ok, now that one prob is fixed, still one other item is bothering me when view photos. On my server web based view, when I browse my photos I made sure to uncheck photo date and name. That works fine. But on my Nividia Shield TV Pro, it's not working the same. 

On my Nvidia Sheield TV I see my 2 folders, Family and Travel. But have the name Family and Travel below them. When I click into Travel, I have various folders for each of my trips, ie Tanzania, India. They are labeled 2014 Tanzania, 2012 India...so far so good. But when I click into the folder to view the photos, they have the file names all showing. If a click the setting on the right to get rid of labels, it will work. But as soon as I get out of Photos entirely and go back in, then all the folders have no label. It seems whatever setting I pick, it doesn't stick. If I make selection in the photo folder for India, it makes the change to the folders above once I exit PHotos entirely and go back in.

I'd like to view it as it shows on the webserver

PHotos

Family Photos, Travel Photos

if I go into Travel photos then I should see

2019 - Namibia, 2017 Namibia, 2014 Tanzania etc

Once I enter 2019 - Namibia, I want to see my photos without any labels, just the photos.

No matter what I can't get it to work.

daniel.bmyer

Also noticed an issue with playing some video files captured by my camera. They were done in 1920x1080P and previously worked fine. Still work fine via the server web browser, but on Nividia Shiled TV they now play ...like really fast and choppy. They are .mov files. My .mp4 files captured with a camera seem to play file though. Never had problems like this before.......

Edited by daniel.bmyer

12 hours ago, daniel.bmyer said:

Ok, now that one prob is fixed, still one other item is bothering me when view photos. On my server web based view, when I browse my photos I made sure to uncheck photo date and name. That works fine. But on my Nividia Shield TV Pro, it's not working the same. 

On my Nvidia Sheield TV I see my 2 folders, Family and Travel. But have the name Family and Travel below them. When I click into Travel, I have various folders for each of my trips, ie Tanzania, India. They are labeled 2014 Tanzania, 2012 India...so far so good. But when I click into the folder to view the photos, they have the file names all showing. If a click the setting on the right to get rid of labels, it will work. But as soon as I get out of Photos entirely and go back in, then all the folders have no label. It seems whatever setting I pick, it doesn't stick. If I make selection in the photo folder for India, it makes the change to the folders above once I exit PHotos entirely and go back in.

I'd like to view it as it shows on the webserver

PHotos

Family Photos, Travel Photos

if I go into Travel photos then I should see

2019 - Namibia, 2017 Namibia, 2014 Tanzania etc

Once I enter 2019 - Namibia, I want to see my photos without any labels, just the photos.

No matter what I can't get it to work.

Hi.  Thanks, we'll take a look.

12 hours ago, daniel.bmyer said:

Also noticed an issue with playing some video files captured by my camera. They were done in 1920x1080P and previously worked fine. Still work fine via the server web browser, but on Nividia Shiled TV they now play ...like really fast and choppy. They are .mov files. My .mp4 files captured with a camera seem to play file though. Never had problems like this before.......

Can you please start a new thread with specifics for this issue?  Thanks.

In addition to what ebr said, If possible in the new thread upload one of your MOV files we can use for testing.

daniel.bmyer

Just wanted to touch back on the photos. Attached is what I am seeing when I select no labels and auto for image type. Not sure why ithas the date and camera icon on it. Who the heck wants to see that when viewing their photos.

If I have family or friends over, I just want to see the photos to scroll through. No one is interested in the name of the file or date it was taken. It should be a nice clean screen. Think of it as a living room view.  Also if I sort photos in asc or desc order it would be nice to have it saved for each subview separately. So if I view my travel folders, I want them to sort in desc order as I have the trips labeled with the date, example 2014 - Tanzania. But when I go into the folder itself, I want the photos sorted in Asc order of filename that way the first photos of the trip are at the top etc. 

The Photos need a little bit more work to make it really nice.

PXL_20210720_221858956.jpg

Edited by daniel.bmyer

13 hours ago, daniel.bmyer said:

Not sure why ithas the date and camera icon on it

Hi.  The icon because there could also be folders in there that look exactly the same so that tells you if you're looking at an image or a folder of images.  The date is just useful for many situations.

daniel.bmyer

If I go into the folder say India, I only have jpegs in there and no subfolder.  BTW the web server gui doesn't show the icons. Not sure why it's on one and not the other.

Is it possible to create a view that has no lables, icons or dates? It's really distracting when viewing on my 55 inch tv. If I select the thumbnail view, the icons and dates disappear which is great but then the images are all stretched and look weird. Just need one view like that but with the default shape.

Also as mentioned earlier, if I select a view for a folder it should be saved for that specific folder and not change the view for the folders above.  

I hope these are changes that can be made in the future.

Edited by daniel.bmyer

22 hours ago, daniel.bmyer said:

if I select a view for a folder it should be saved for that specific folder and not change the view for the folders above

Hi.  This is really tricky because many situations want the exact opposite - meaning, they don't want to have to choose this view for every specific folder - but we can take a look and align it with the web.

22 hours ago, daniel.bmyer said:

BTW the web server gui doesn't show the icons

Yes it does.  They are just in the upper left instead of lower left.