Hardware Question in regards to performance.

phi303

phi303

Currently my media resides on a LaCie-5big-PRO, on the way is a TVS-873e-8G (AMD R-Series APU with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 8GB RAM, and 2x 240GB M2 for cache). 

Currently Emby is running my primary Win10 PC: i5-3570K @3.4, 32GB RAM, GTX 980Ti-Hybrid.

At any given time I'll have 3-4 remote streamers and 1-2 local streamers. Most remote streamers are 720P throttled at 3Mbps. My local streams are occasionally 4K but also mostly 720/1080.

I'm having a hard time comparing horsepower, so my question is: will the TVS-x73e-8G perform as well (if not better) than my current setup?

I'd just like to know if it'd be better (or worth it) to migrate the server over onto the QNAP or should I keep it on my PC and just use the QNAP as a basic NAS?

I know it's a very specific question but I'm not fully equipped to compare as it's not quite apples-to-apples in my mind. Thank you for looking!

They're both quad core. I'm going to guess it will be similar but I think you'll just have to try it once you have it. Let us know how you get on.